Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gps Screen

RFvitz

hey guys... not quite sure which forum i belong in now :wacko: i'll be receiving a 2003 toyota ist coming from japan within the next few weeks... and there aint an IST forum :crybaby: hehe probably cos no one on here owns one! :o

so if u guys will have me i'd luv to stick around in here :D

havent got the car yet and got a question!...

its got a flip out screen installed with sat nav (pretty useless cos we dont have the map for my country yet!).... BUT i was wondering if i could hook up the screen to a dvd player anyway?

i've heard mixed stories about doing this... it'll be a funny branded japenese one so wont be too user friendly for me to mess about with.... anyone has any experience in this field?

any help greatly appreciated :rolleyes::thumbsup:

:lol: Do you really need sat nav in Malta? Bit difficult to get lost :P

I would imagine that you will be able to use a seperate DVD player if it doesn't have one built in, good luck finding the aux! Oh and i'd stick on the Yaris forum as they're almost the same except the shape of the car ;)

hahaha right you are... too small to get lost.... which is probably why they havent made a map yet! lol

got a feeling its gonna be a !Removed! to get it working hehe! maybe i'll find a japanese guy to help me out with the symbols :lol::lol:

MAybe sounds stupid, but I think that in the import section there are quite a few threads about trying to get satnav/video systems working in imported Lucidas and stuff. It might be a help, but I don't know.

Anyhow, stick around and don't waste time before posting up the piccys :D

A

Well you never know there may always be a language button somewhere...Is it a touchscreen one?

:lol: Well that'd be just great!! hehe but i doubt it.

i'm not sure exactlywhat model etc so i have no clue if it's a touchscreen. I'll know more when it gets here :D ....in about 4 weeks :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links