Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile

Deano

mid 14 to early 15's i think

Thats an interesting thought......any idea on what mine would do it in Dawesy.

standard MKII supra

K & N filters

thats the only mod

just interested :thumbsup:

not sure but the best way to find out is take it to the pod. trust me its the best £25 you'll spend but be warned it can get addictive :D

i take my cars to crail which is up here in scotland.costs £5 to get in and £15 to race not bad but when theres heaps of cars your speaking about an hour to wait for a race

• 2 weeks later...

you will run somewhere in the mid 16s i have a mkII supra whith sport springs, racing clutch,racing stering wheel,street tires,muffler,intake,and its lowerd,i just bought it i do not know if theres anything else under the hood it sure seems like it

mid 16.

i thought that it would be quicker than that

i ran the 1/4 in 17 with my standard 1988 celica gt

• 3 weeks later...

My brother MkIII 2.5 TwinTurbo R does the quarter in 13.9secs@107mph using 2nd gear launch. (1Bar boost, K&N Filter, Greddy boost controller, 3" turbo back exhaust).

I hope your brother has the money in reserve for new turbos ! The stockers are tiny and dont like 1bar of boost and many fail at that level. Besides which they'll be generating more heat than boost at that level.

Id consider 12.5 psi to be the max safe limit on stockers.

By the way is it manual or auto?

my friend has a drag supra does 1/4 mile in 9.53 secs

photos please.........

I hope your brother has the money in reserve for new turbos !  The stockers are tiny and dont like 1bar of boost and many fail at that level. Besides which they'll be generating more heat than boost at that level.

Id consider 12.5 psi to be the max safe limit on stockers.

By the way is it manual or auto?

I was informed on several occasions that the CT12 was good for 1Bar. Is this incorrect?

I remember something along the lines of the ceramic blade CT12 (Jap spec) is good for 1Bar. The CT12 (US Spec) is supposed to be good for 1.2Bar (Metal blade). Is 12.5 psi not stock pressure?

P.S. Its a manual. Hard to get apparently....

Youre thinking of the 2JZ turbos, the CT12B. They are different from the 1JZ turbos (CT12A)

The stock pressure of the 1JZ CT12A's are 9-10 psi.. the turbos are good for 12.5-13 but youre pushing at it 14.5-15 They're not 'good' for 1bar, but that is their max accepted limit. Do you really want to run the turbos on their limit?

up to you/him though of course.. Make sure youve got plenty of cash in reserve just in case.. :P

Ahhh, could well be. :thumbsup: There was no mention of CT12A or CT12B in that thread.

I think he's happy enough running the 1 bar limit. He knows it is the limit so I guess its his up to him. As you say its pushing them to the limit and he's aware.

I used to know a guy running 18psi on the mainland in a 2.5TT. I wonder how he's getting on......

On a supra? think i know which one you mean.. there arent many of these things about and i know most of them. What was his name?

I'll be pushing 1.3 bar over the next couple of months as soon as i fit the new injectors.. and with the bigger turbos it should fly :D Bigger intercooler ideally needed though.

Unc;e fests is running something like 1.3-1.5 bar on stock CT-12s.

apparenty they are very good strong units... and good easily for 1.5 bar..

CT-12a don't like prolonged high boost!!!

I'd be very interested in a group run what ya brung at the pod or somewhere....

wanna see how my 2.0TT compares to the uk spec 3.0t's.

its pretty much std, std boost on brand new factory turbos with uprated actuators.... exhaust and induction..

then I'll see what a difference the NOS makes :lol:

CT-12b???

WTF is that???? never heard of it :o

• 7 months later...

The little 1g ct12 turbos with ceramic exhaust wheels will hapily see up to 20 psi, i believe there is 2 different trims between the later air-to-air engines and the earlier water to air engines, the air-to-air turbos spool up around 500 rpm later and hit that little bit harder. rule of thumb is roughly 1 bar limit for ceramic exhaust wheel turbos, however because of the tiny size of the ct12's this limit can be safely increased. I had to shorten the actuator rods to the turbos as i could not get them initialy to go past about 14psi. The turbos are starting to come out of there eficiency at about 18 psi. I have run 25psi by mistake when the boost controller failed! same engine, same turbos! power output at 18 psi with aftermarket computer, exhaust manifold, standard injectors and water-to-air intercooler was a healthy 185 rwkw.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links