Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

S-afc Ii In Ours Corolla Tsports?

ts507r

hi guys....at the end of this month i wanna buy a S-AFC II..

i wanna know your conclusion about it.

i know that it cannot make me more faster o make more HP..

but it does, only a little bit...

it mixture better the fuel..

but i wanna know your opinions...

or i'll buy another stuff that it can help?

clutch & flywheel?

new tires?

pulleys?

limited slip diferential??

thanks

IMO you would be better off getting a Dastek Unichip fitted. Even on a standard car you will get a good bhp/torque gain as we all know that OE ECU's are rolled out with the same mapping for all cars no matter where the destination is (different weather climates and fuel quality etc) and no 2 engines are the same. So they are set up to run rich to limit any possible damage to the engine. Runnng rich loses power. If u had any problems with the car its easily unplugged and the dealer will not know anything of it.

Im thinking of getting one on the CTR shortly. Its been proved to give an extra 10-12bhp at the wheels on the CTR across a broad rev range not just peak power and torque is up a good 10-15 lb/ft across the same broad rev range.

Should cost about £400inc VAT and rolling road time depending on your local dealer.

Dastek?

No dyno tests.

No car application examples.

In the same way I could sell you Unichip or V-tech chips + bunch of promises available in Poland for half the price.

hi guys....at the end of this month i wanna buy a S-AFC II..

i wanna know your conclusion about it.

i know that it cannot make me more faster o make more HP..

but it does, only a little bit...

it mixture better the fuel..

but i wanna know your opinions...

or i'll buy another stuff that it can help?

clutch & flywheel?

new tires?

pulleys?

limited slip diferential??

thanks

Wait. Don't buy anything yet.

TTE is going to release something this year, hopefully its not gonna be only S/C.

If they release chip as for 4D4 engines, you'll know what to buy.

If they dont release chip, I'm going to have my CTS chipped by the end of next month (hopefully) and will have a bunch of useful dyno/chipping/lift adjustment info.

Be patient. B)

Dastek?

No dyno tests.

No car application examples.

In the same way I could sell you Unichip or V-tech chips + bunch of promises available in Poland for half the price.

You have not heard of Unichip??

No offence but if you haven't then where you been???

It is NOT simple chip like 'superchip' that is soldered on.

The standard ECU in your car has a basic map in it that everything corrola t-sport will have. The air/fuel ratio is always designed to run rich to prevent your engine getting damaged but it also saps power.

The unichip is a piggyback unit that intercepts the signals from the ECU, changes them before sending them on.

Its not simply stuck in and off you go.

Its connected to your ECU by 6 wires and then using a laptop and a dyno its tuned up over about 400 different points in the rev ranges for fuel/air ratio & ignition.

Search the net for it and you'll see just how many properly modified cars have one. Some Evo's/Impreza's use them as STANDARD ECU's.

Sticking on a chip that some company have designed is fine. But you gotta remember it was designed, tested & mapped on there test car under there conditions and you will NOT get 2 identical engines. What if they had an aftermarket manidolf, or a decat and u didnt, or the other way around?? ;)

Your always better off getting something that will be fine tuned to your own cars settings. With the Unichip if you mod the cam further down the line, say you add cams/manifold you just pop back to the dyno and have it remapped to get more benefit from your mods.

Dastek do not need to supply test results on there websites. They are mostly used by big tuning companies for racing/rally cars etc and most people know they do produce good results. They can also change the rec limit, camlift (vtec point), launch control, nitrous control, 4 extra injectors...the list goes on.

Of course I heard of Unichip, read carefully. I wrote I could sell you different piggyback units for half the price you quoted.

And thanks for in depth explanation. May be useful to some people here.

And it seems you're missing somethig: imprezas and evos are turbocharged. And thats totally different story. That a Piggyback worx exceptionally well with turbos doesn't mean it will give you the same gains with normally aspirated engine. Plus VVTi-L engine is different from honda iVTEC engines, so again, what works with honda doesn't mean will work with toyota.

The thing is, with piggibacks/remaps for normally aspirated engines it's hard to achieve more than 10-15% increase in power and torque - that's why I'd like to see some dyno tests with this dastek unit.

As I said before - promises are easy to make, especially if in the first sentence you write "no car is the same". That's why, to win a customer like me, who doesn't believe words, even the company as mighty as Dastek has to give some hard evidence.

thanks for your reply...

today i went to Crazy4Cars, in Panama...

i saw a beatifull CTS of my friend Crazy4Cars (!Removed!) an excelent instalation of the S-AFC II

the UNICHIP how much cost and how many HP increase>>>??

Of course I heard of Unichip, read carefully. I wrote I could sell you different piggyback units for half the price you quoted.

And thanks for in depth explanation. May be useful to some people here.

And it seems you're missing somethig: imprezas and evos are turbocharged. And thats totally different story. That a Piggyback worx exceptionally well with turbos doesn't mean it will give you the same gains with normally aspirated engine. Plus VVTi-L engine is different from honda iVTEC engines, so again, what works with honda doesn't mean will work with toyota.

The thing is, with piggibacks/remaps for normally aspirated engines it's hard to achieve more than 10-15% increase in power and torque - that's why I'd like to see some dyno tests with this dastek unit.

As I said before - promises are easy to make, especially if in the first sentence you write "no car is the same". That's why, to win a customer like me, who doesn't believe words, even the company as mighty as Dastek has to give some hard evidence.

I think u missed my point when i said that some Dastek unit are used on certain evos/imprezza's. I didnt mean to gain extra power. I mean that the actually OEM ECU is designed by Dastek. Its not a power increasing mod, its the actually ECU on specific models. I didnt word it properly ;)

Not sure how to explain this thing with chipping cars.

Lets forget about charged cars, because when chipping them your not just altering fuel/air/ignition, your altering the psi of the turbo as well to sqeeuze more air into the engine which gives u a large increase in power with the fuel up'd.

On normally aspirated cars all ANY chip is going to be able to do is alter the air/fuel/ignition on your engine. Some chips can change the Rev limiter, some (like the Datsek with the addon module) can also change the VTEC point or what ever its called on the T-Sport engine.

So, what im trying to explain is if your wanting to get some extra power from your engine on a non turbo/supercharged car it doesnt matter what chip you use, as they aint gonna give a huge increase. BUT a chip that is installed and dyno'd/setup to your cars exact specification is the best way to get the most 'free' power from the engine without even having to do anything major. You wont get much, but like i said the CTR is pushed up to 210bhp (flywheel) which is about 13bhp increase and an increase in torque. On your CTS's i would think a good 12bhp increase would be easily possible.

Every engine is different even when machine made. Thats why some cars give out less power than the manufactures quoted power figures and others put out more.

Buying an already mapped chip mayl give u some more power/torque but you need to remember that the chip was mapped on a test car. So different mapped chips would need to be available with different mods done to the cars. Exhausts/decat/manifold/cams/air filters, then you'll also know that different makes of exhausts/filters etc also have different effect on power output so the pre-mapped chip wont know exactly what you have, but having one mapped to your car which is also remappable in the future is normally cheaper and gives a better increase than a pre-mapped chip.

Dastek isnt the only mappable piggyback unit, but its one of the best.

Sorry for going on ;) just trying to explain things better so people can choose what they thinks best depending on there needs.

On another point, the piggyback ECU doesnt affect the OEM ECU. Cold starts/knock sensor etc are unaffected. On some pre-mapped chips these dont exist. Dastek is also undetectable if interrogated by the dealers PC, it also simply unplugs if u have any trouble.

So........i know what my money would go on. £400 supplied/fitted and setup on the Dastek Unichip :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links