Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Estate

HarviJ

I have a 96 Carine E esate that's getting very wet in the nearside rear wing. The bottom of the wing fills up and the water then overflows into the spare wheel well. After the rain you can hear it sloshing around! I can't see where so much is getting in. I don't think it's getting from a window or tailgate.

Anyone else had a similar problem or might know where I start?

The rest of the car is pretty water tight. Just this one irritation.

My Carina II had drain holes at the bottom of the rear quarter which clogged up causing the same problem. They were little rubber grommets which needed poking through. I think you'll find this is the cause.

The welding on the rear wheel arch isn't water-tight

Thanks for the reply. I had a look today and I think it's coming in around the vent in the rear quarter panel, behind the bumper. I cleaned everything up and sealed the vent edges with silicone sealant. I just have to wait for the next rain now!

The sunroof drain tubes pass through the rear quarters. Make sure this pipe has not popped out the hole in the floor of the quarter.

The sunroof drain tubes pass through the rear quarters. Make sure this pipe has not popped out the hole in the floor of the quarter.

I did check that thanks. It seems that sealing the vent has done the trick. All the recent rain hasn't got in!

We have a dry car that doesn't steam up now! Thanks for all the hints.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links