Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yet Another Trackday...lydden Hill

riko666

Well, it was a bit of an impromptu trackday really, i heard it from one of the forums and i thought it'd be great to go because I had already been to Lydden Hill a few years ago to watch a BRDC meet and it was amazing...only a mile long, but my god...its called " Hill " for a reason, it cambers, dips, rises everywhere, great little track!

Anyway...ill get this out now...my car was THE slowest car of the day...no question...*****, there were even some rallycross cars there doing " testing " and whatnot. Nevertheless I had loads of fun and there were some nice cars there...but mine was prettiest, hehe. The rubbishy handling of the car did dullen the experience a bit...its not fun to hang on to the steering wheel for dear life on the huge cambered corners...and the lack of power was felt on anything that wasnt a decline...but i still had a hell o a time. the red subaru btw is my uni friend's...and believe it or not, he's was probably the 2nd slowest, regardless of 350whp...ah well! enjoy the pics!

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02715.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

oh and damage to my car? not much but the brakes are pretty much dead now, and my brand new f1's are all grainy and ruined! casualties? well the rallycross focus kept dumping oil all over the track, bmw's spinning everywhere (who woulda thought Ah well.... :D ) along with a few others, the white pulsar died...oh and a swift gti plummeted into the tyre wall on the last sessions (the one i decided NOT to go on) and rolled the car...lady drivers :roll: hehe

oh. next one is july 22nd, £120

get rid of your paseo and get a CRX 16v. They are great for using on the track. so easy to tune, handling is amazing. May not be the most powerful car on the track but i'm positive you wont be the slowest. Insurance isnt bad at group 12 either.

I miss my CRX really bad, my paseo is soooo lame in comparison. My crx ran 15.0's all day on a bad day, I spent a morning at elvington eating up celica gt4's for breakfast at my amazment! Ended up racing a civic vti and a newer shape vti over and over again, really close racing, sometimes i won sometime i lost, really good fun! You can get 170 reliable horsies from them with bags of torque N/A. Only about £500 worth of bolt on goodies and i'll tune an ecu for you. I sell loads of honda ecu's, some with launch control, turbo tunes, datalogging....

After a day at elvington where I did about 20 runs on the drag strip, my front tyre were 100% bald, and clutch was ******. awww well, all good fun!

i will never get rid of the cynos, ill just improve it :lol: though i do like the older 2 seat crx's, ill just add them to my carlist as i grow richer :P. and im not much of a " drag slag ", not really bothered with speed in a straight line.

trackdays are for me...and lydden hill was great...though the abrasive surface took its toll on my tyres

Do you mean a CRX or a delsol?

The delslows are a waist of space, !Removed! hair dresser cars. I see a lad about round here in one with all clear kev lights and fast'n'furious bits. Wish I still had my rex to burn him off with, its insulting driving my paseo and it wont even keep up with an XR2 Mk2

no no, an old crx, forget the model designation now...and i was told it was a 2 seater but i dont believe that. its the boxy one...

one like this:-

honda_crx_05.jpg

hehe indeed i did tim...it was fun too looking at how soft my pretty much new tyres got :blink: ....bring on brunters, woo! :D

I nearly bought a CRX a while ago, one of our customers used to race em and developed a supercharger. Real Honda freak, he reckons they make more power once the engine has hit 120k miles :blink:

Biggest problem is they rust on the rear quarter by the wheel arch, if you can find one without that you're laughing :yes:

"make more power once the engine has hit 120k miles"

That'd be nice, I just find that they go wrong more often after about 90k.

Rear arch rust is a nightmare, they all are suffering. Rear arch replacement pannels are non existant too. That and rusting sunroof, but you cant blame my crx for rusting, it was a 1988 in red, so 18 years old now and its still going stong. Lad who bought it is now a good friend and loves it to bits. I had to swap all the consumables on mine like engine mounts, cv joints, upper and lower balljoints, trackrod ends.... 18 years of 135hp take there tolls. 120k miles too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links