Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Me Please

sera_beetle

Hi people,

I REALLY need your help here!

Back ground

Friday night I was driving around the county lanes, I came up to a tight 90 degree bend. I Applied the brakes and they completely failed (pedal went straight to the floor)! I slid in the back mounted it and travelled about 20 meters down this hedge and at one point I thought the car was going to flip over. ☹

What I think is wrong

When I finally stopped I went and had a look at the brake system, there is no fluid at all in it plus the REAR Brake shoe (drum brakes) one of them has brake fluid ****** from it..

So I think a seal has gone inside the drum..

1) HAS Anyone got any idea how I can cap off one of the rear drums to stop it leaking I know I it muck up the braking balance but I need this car to drive around in.

2) can anyone supply me or help me find a rear brake service kit please?

I don’t know what to do, I’m driving it about as is and topping it up with fluid overtime I stop.. but I don’t like the idea of this ☹

Thanks Everyone

Tim

P.s. going off to count my self lucky it wasn’t in two weeks when im at nurburgring.

Sounds like a cylinder seal is leaking, get into Toyota, I'd imagine it's not unique to the sera.

Lucky escape.

If you must move it, then clamp the flexipipe before the offending part. This will allow the other 3 brakes to work. I have done this to get a car home once. BUT... it is only an emergency fix and I do not condone you using the car in this state, you will be a hazard to yourself and more importantly others.

If you are going to the ring and this has happened now, why would you want to make the cheapest fix possible? I would be going through the brake system with a fine tooth comb as the components on the car are all around the same age and the ring will test your brake system to the limit!

Like it's been said already, clamping the flexi-pipe is the easiest bodge to keep you going.

Seal kits are readily available for brake calipers, and only a few quid usually. Get one and fit the seals supplied. Do it quickly and you'll have a couple of weeks or so to put the brakes to a good test before the ring trip.

Good luck with that mate !

OK Thanks

This is a quick fix for 1/2 week untill i can get up to andrews and have it's full service

Just had a look on the Blueprint epc for you. They list all rear cylinders the same between 90 and 95. Would be easier to change those instead of messing with seals, if you go to any motor factor that sells ADL Blueprint products they should be able to help you. Just give em the following part numbers. Rear cylinder part numbers are LH ADT34425 RH ADT34430 :thumbsup:

Thanks mate...

No one around me (whihc is open) has the parts today :( i have to await a good 3 to 4 days

And i cant drive like this for that long

!Removed! hell.. sorry to hear that chap.... you are not the only one that has had trouble with tight 90 degree bends recently :(

Yeah this is NOT what i need before nurburgring :(

Kama is your car damaged much?

Glad it wasnt more serious incident n that nobody got hurt :) sorry ur car havin probs :(

gl gettin all sorted :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links