Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Diagram Needed For Cts Stereo !

g3m xr

any one got one ? wanna see how the trip computer is wired up ? as i really wanna put me new stereo in but im sad and i dont wanna loose the trip computer !

Hi

If you change your radio head unit you will lose the trip computer. Unless you find a trick way round it. Someone round here did (know idea how they did it) it was fixed to the A pillar some how B) . It did look good.

I changed the head unit in my car & I didn't miss the trip computer at all. It was rubbish anyway (never right).

I've put the original unit back in now (it's fitted better now than it was when the car was built :blink: ), as the cars being replaced on Wednesday with something with more handling abillity & steering responce :thumbsup: .

Paul

:wacko:

agreed... the trip computer is hardly worth the work involved in trying to keep it.

just replace the head unit and be done with it ! :D

as the cars being replaced on Wednesday with something with more handling abillity & steering responce :thumbsup: .

Paul

Mmmm sounds interesting... have you decided on the new car yet, or are you still choosing?

wanted the wiring diagram so we could keep the trip comuter yeh , maybe im till enjoying laughing at myself when i see how lil mpg im doing !

u really really think its not worth the effort :(

well put it this way... once the novelty factor has worn off on MPG display etc... how often will you use it.

compare how often you will use it.. to the work involved in keeping it.

i say forget about it and get some decent sounds systems in there :D

Hi K19 NEG

I'm getting a BMW 120d se (163bhp) on Wednesday :thumbsup: (a few grand off list price too, I'd never pay full price for a 1).

I've had a BMW 316ti E46 Compact in the past & had a few problems. But they do drive very well. No torque steer at as it's rear wheel drive & also has old fashioned hydraulic power steering (much better than electric).

Some here may not like them as there not cheap, but I have very sad personal reasons for spending the extra money. I would gladly drive a Lada if it would reverse what has happened

The T Sport does handle well :thumbsup: , but is let down by the steering (which is to hard to change).

The engine is great & I may miss that high reving lift (I won't be reving a diesel much). I also feel Toyota's playing the numbers game now. Putting quantity & profit ahead of quality (BMW aren't perfect either).

Hi G3M XR

Behind the radio of the standard unit is three white connectors two for the radio & one for trip computer. As when you fit a normal unit one is left hanging. My local Toyota dealer had no idea how to fit a single din radio in it (there were totally clueless :o ). They took it out twice to look :wacko:) There was picture around here somewere once.

Also the trip computer is not worth the trouble at all, mine used to show 6mpg :thumbsup: in lift & 99mpg :o when coasting. Now it's been refitted it's in metric! :wacko:.

Man-Bing had some pics of how the console comes apart somewere (there may be pics there that show the wiring).

Paul

that's correct.. one of the 3 white multiplugs is unused when converting to ISO connections.

however what you would do with that to get readings is another story.

well one is definitely the speed sensor, no idea what the others do. its the 20pin plug on the back that carries all the data, I think the other one is engine revs and distance travelled?

I would gladly drive a Lada

You've got Lada's in the UK? Wow! I thought that crap doesn't go anywhere beyond our borders!!! :)))

Hi Bzn

There used to be loads of Lada's here in the eighties & nineties, but most if not nearly all have be bought up by passing Russian sailors to take back home :D . They must love them :rolleyes: .

When new they were about half the price of a normal mainstream new cars.

Paul

pb5, you didn't happen to visit jonny roe's to have your stereo done did you? while I was in there I was chatting to rick and he said that one chap had a problem getting a single din radio to fit!

Hi Nrgizerbunny

It might have been me (last year about March, April). John Roe's took the radio out twice & had no idea what to do or what they were looking at :angry: .

In the end all it took was a standard adapter plug to make it fit. I got Audio Island to do it, they had no problems fitting it) Rick was the only one there who is any good :thumbsup: , at least he tried (he helped me get the right manual for it).

I ended up very disapointed with the car on the whole (mainly down to the dealer :censor: ). I got the impression that if anything big went wrong with the car they wouldn't have a clue :wacko: .

When I got the car it rattled inside even when stood still at tick over, no manual at all (a futher nine months to get the right one), no mats as agreed (got them the next day), all the wipers needed replacing (it was new car). They hadn't bothered to get the marks off the paint I pointed out to them (it took them a few goes in the end). I also think the car was at least a year older than it's reg of 53 (probably built in mid 2002!).

So due to the sad death of may girlfriend of over two years (there was a few pieces in the Telegraph about her Alison Holmes). I've ended up buying a another BMW (I don't expect it to be perfect this time), it won't make up for the loss but it takes my mind off things a bit.

Even without my sad loss. I would not have bought another Toyota, as they too busy playing the numbers & the profit game nowadays :!Removed!: .

Paul

Sorry for going on a bit too much. I tend to get on a roll.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links