Do Not Sell My Personal Information

96paseo: Max Size Wheels. 17? What About 19s

req02

Hey just got myself a 96 Seo ST.

Am wondering what size wheels will fit without any modification. Is 17 the max and how much modification would 19s require.

Also am thinking of getting a 15" VIBE BLACK AIR II sub and renegade 1800w amp. Will they both run off the standard Battery?

Cheers

18's have been done, but some minor work is needed...and 19's will need a lot of work...and will make the turn the car into a dog on stilts...but whatever floats your boat i suppose

Helpful as ever there Riko.... :lol:

id stick with 17's max mate - any larger & as Riko said - you'll need to mod the arches to get them to fit.

TBH they look daft on the 'seo anyways - i remember when eric photochopped his car with Dubs. looked crap.

regarding the sub & amp, i had a 1800w Power Acoustik amp & 12" sub & ran it from a stock Battery, but when it hit the lights would dim bad.

I'd suggest a cap at least - but then my mate hates them & always recommends a 2nd Battery.

J

Monster wheels only look good on monster trucks.

If you want to look like a cheap gangsta go ahead. People will laugh at you, and although you won't admit it in public, you'll admit its just wrong.

If you like driving it, go 15" or 16" max. If you prefer shows, then go larger.

to be honest mate the more important thing when looking at new alloys is lowering the car! Either way your gona need to lower it on 17's and !7's + or you will be driving a Paseo 4x4!! lol

17's on a Paseo looks big enough without much of a kit as it looks better and wont kill the performance too much.

18's would look huge without a kit on a seo. There is a bloke from team-paseo.nl called Ronnie who has a Paseo on 18's and they look huge.Look how high that sits and dont forget thats lowered and its got skirts on!!! Oli has 18's on his insane blue Paseo and they look huge.

19's although i am planning on them myself, they will make the car handle worse than a bath tub on coasters!! It will require major arch work and bodywork to get it to turn!! I would never have thought about it unless the car is going to be used for show purposes as you wont be able to use it on a daily basis with them on! Simple as! Too much strain on the cars components!

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but unfortunatly its the truth and dont forget chomes in the UK takes a look of looking after as they pit so easily!! They will need daily car to last and i mean daily care!!!! My mate is tribute to that after putting chromes on his wide arch corsa!

If you need any advise on fitting 18's(or 19's) let me know and i'll speak to oli!!!

Here was mine when it was pretty much stock lowered 40mm on 17's

ag10007.jpg

ag10003.jpg

Mine kitted with 17's

19112005003.jpg

IMG_0030sm.jpg

Oli's blue paseo and Ronnie's Silver Paseo

30102005009.jpg

861793.jpg

Just photoshopped up this, to anyone's liking?

seochromes-1.jpg

Seo on chromes

My eyes!!!!!

its your car at the end of the day mate - but Chromes on a 'seo??? you'll spend more on the wheels than you did on the car.

it realy depends on what you want out of the car - if you want to keep your handling then stick with 15's/16's.

If your going for looks - go for the 17's or 18's

J

Well thanks for all your advice, looks like i'll have to investigate into 17 and 18s.

Only doing the wheels and ICE so chrome money isn't really an issue.

Currently get a lift to work in a black Merc SLK and they look phat on 20" chromes.

So, so what are your thoughts on the Vibe Black air II 15" sub?

1 more thing, personally I think seo's suit thick spoked rims rather than thin oz superleggera style rims.

Then I came upon these:

rocket4_blk_main.jpg

rocket5_black.jpg

small8xy.jpg

Quite liking these too, any one know what they are

slowseo19yk.jpg

Opinions welcome. Thanks

Quite liking these too, any one know what they are

slowseo19yk.jpg

Opinions welcome. Thanks

Thats Si's 'seo - member name 97paseo here on TOC - havent seen Si post recently but i think he's still around - might be worth a PM to ask..

J

They are the 17 inch toora T940 rims in silver!!! Ripspeed also do their own version of these!

They look lovely and i like those TSW rims too i think they look hot but if you aint got a kit go for 17's honestly mate they will look big enough and slide straight on!

15in sub will be ok but dont forget the boots are small in the Paseo and fitting a 15 in will not go in in a premade box. The 12inch boxes only just fit and that look big in the boot! what about a dual 12inch sub idea if your wanting big bass??

cant see pic but if its only front and rear spoiler and skirts i'd assume that it'd be the booster tuning kit as i dont know of any other front and rear lips that you can get!!

Yup as i thought all booster tuning kit.

Front and rear lips, skirt, and thats even got the high rise and top window spoiler!

Go to www.boostertuning.com and they are all the bits on that pic!

Hope that helps!

Matt

nice black seats in that last pic of ronnies seo, know where i could get some? instead of the funky mad blue ones in mine

thanks n cheers matt for booster tuning info

they're standard?

ahh ill need to find a scrap yard then or sumone sellin sum? lol i desperately needed a car and thought the paseo was an awsome choice, but ended up with a turquoise one with funky mad blue seats and 13" wheels lol :S was 7 miles to my other house so had to go up n throw a deposit down. All others are like 100-200 miles away. Couldnt find a convertible anywhere (comproise the looks with the summer drives) Not bad tho was £1495 and got her for £1295

they all came with that mad interior and best option is a retrim.

They dont cost that much but you pay for what you get so research into the best places to get it done!

You can put other seats in the Paseo as DazH has done but i think that to do this you need lots of power tools, a helpful friend, lots of time and a lot and i mean a lot of patience!!

There are a lot of paseo parts around here where i live, but i think thats a little outta your way bud, considering im way out here in the middle of the U.S. but it works great for me cause theres only one other paseo here

booster kit is expensive but is a very high quality and easy to fit kit, expect to wait 6 months for it though. If you've spent £1300 on the car, and you want to make it look descent - u r looking at about £500 for rims (17) £500 for kit and £300 for fitting / painting. Why not sell it and get a celica instead, u can pics up a decent gen5 for around £1000 now and it will leave the seo for dust even if u spend 2000 on engine mods

OMG! That yellow seo has venoms on it... I remeber them from the mid 90's, I use to dream of having a nova or something with venoms. Sad wasn't I.