Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade?

DrMR2

Hi Guys,

I LOVE my car, it is a superb version of an 'M' reg mk2 rev 3 NA with full toyota service history and only one lady owner before me!. I have owned it for coming up for a year and it has been hassle free apart from a recent sticking caliper. But i have demons.

I keep seeing plenty of well looked after turbo versions, and the more i put my foot down in my car, the more i wonder what it would be like to floor a turbo. I am a student at the moment, so if turbos bring more costs then i shall have to re-consider, but i am in a dilemma. HELLLPPP.

Would it be quite straight forward to get an import for the same money i could sell my current car for? I would be looking for a well looked after, non-modyified rev 3 onwards.

The nights are the worst :wacko:

Turbo's bring a LOT more costs - reconsider

you won't get enough money for your car to buy a rev3 turbo mate. Also like Bibbs said, be aware of the running/maintanance costs of a turbo.

I don't mean to sound like a kill joy .. but a Turbo for day-to-day will be abut twice as costly as an NA.

No that's cool Bibbs, appreciate the advice, hard to know without chatting to you guys!

I've owned both .. and it's amazing the amount of cash the Turbo took just in higher mpg, oil changes etc ..

I've owned both .. and it's amazing the amount of cash the Turbo took just in higher mpg, oil changes etc ..

Without doubt.. but then I came from a heavy 2.0 gen 5 Celica and trust me.. they drink like you wouldnt believe...

If you think you might have problems maintaining it and running it then you most definatly WILL..

stay off for a bit longer till the monies are in a better situation.. my advice.. :thumbsup:

I don't mean to sound like a kill joy .. but a Turbo for day-to-day will be abut twice as costly as an NA.

theyre not an ideal commuting car if you ask me, i do use mine to go to work at times and the fuel bill gets quite scary

id rather keep it for my 'weekend ride'

i used mine as a daily commute... wasnt too bad as i worked 7 miles form home.. but hey.. it was a joy to get into every morning.. :(