Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Do You Get Per Tank?

Adrian A

Just thought it would be interesting to know how many miles various owners were getting out of a full tank of fuel?

Not enough :blowup:

But seriously, i get about 300-350miles per tank, depending how fast i drive, air con, etc....

miles per tank? whats wrong with miles per gallon? not all tanks are the same size. depending on how i drive, 20 to 35 mpg

ive got an 1.6 e12 rolla and get about 320 miles out of the tank and 350MAX

Last tank got me 245 Miles, which equates to 27mpg, which is quite good for me :D :unsure:

About 30mpg, so roughly 350-400 for a full tank (if it's run down to the fumes). I always fill up before I get to a quarter though, don't like letting it get any lower.

If i fill it up to the top, it lasts about 320 miles (70 town 30 motorway, roughly 28-29mpg) I think it is quite capable of doing 400 if drive "sensibly" on motorway.

However, realistically, I think if 50 town and 50 motorway, it would be roughly 320-350 miles from full to empty.

Kev

If i fill it up to the top, it lasts about 320 miles (70 town 30 motorway, roughly 28-29mpg) I think it is quite capable of doing 400 if drive "sensibly" on motorway.

However, realistically, I think if 50 town and 50 motorway, it would be roughly 320-350 miles from full to empty.

Kev

depends if i thrash it prop bout 200 miles thrashing

motorway driving bout 380 to 400 miles

I've had my 06 1.4 diesel corolla for 6 days now and done 310 miles only just reached the half tank mark. And that was with a trip into london the other day. Including 2.5 hour 1st gear traffic jam on way home.

So I'm very satisfied with the economy of the new 1.4 diesel. Hoping for 600 miles a tank :) average speed 22mph so far

I get about 350-370 miles from my TSport running on Optimax, filling up from basically empty. So its about 30mpg. Had a 1.0 Yaris last week when mine was in and got 58mpg on the same journey, a fivers petrol went ~70 miles.

On the money saved in fuel, i might be able to run the yaris during the week and tsport on weekends :D

i get about 300 miles out of 95RON, my car has a binary throttle its either on or off :)

Just thought it would be interesting to know how many miles various owners were getting out of a full tank of fuel?

Funnily enough I have just posted a similar question ! :D

Today I managed to get 400 mile from a tank of petrol. (44 MPG) This is the most i have ever acheived to date. Usually I get about 300 depending what type of driving I am doing.

I find that the 1.4 vvti is very sensitive on the mileage, and sitting in 3rd & 4th gear instead of using 5th as much possible really makes a difference to the overall fuel consumption. (obvious really I suppose)

haha!! its always differnet for me. :unsure:

on motorways... i can get up to 320 miles per tank... managed to get it up to 350 once. :yes:

bit of high revving... roughly 280 miles per tank :(

and now that im a full time delivery driver, stop and starting alot, driving a bit mental... less thann 250 a tank :crybaby:

interesting topic.

filled mine up the other day to see.

£42 to fill up, so far an average of 32.2mpg according to the screen.

mixture of urban and dual carriageway driving, so i'll post up here when i'm done.

This is my first Toyota, and have to say that im less than impressed with the mpg overall, not what i have been used to. only not-so-good bit of the car mind you!

Tibs

• 2 weeks later...

update!!!!

445miles out of my tank full.

computer showed an average of 30mpg.

thats steady mixed-urban driving.

I'm only interested in the 2.0 Rav 4 VX (2001) MPG at the mo.

I wonder what the Rav 4ers get.

I haven't really analysed mine yet... but will do.

If there's any Rav 4ers out there who have done calculations, please feel free to post your details here.

Cheers :thumbsup:

We have defected from the Rav 4 to the Corolla.....economy was the reason and so far our new 1.4 D-4D has returned approx 43.5 to the gallon or approx 445 miles from the 1st full tank, the Rav would only manage approx 32 ish which was way under for the diesel figs quoted by Toyota. should take a few pics when the weather is nice and it has been washed. Looks absolutly wicked in black with tinted rear windows and TTE spoiler and a set of chrome lexus stlye lights to set of the back end, Anyone know where we can get a nice twin pipe backbox for a 1.4 D-4D as I'm told by Toyota that nothing is available for this modle yet?

regards

Carl

• 15 years later...

E12 1.4 d4d getting 560miles and that's doing 5 nights of takeaway deliveries

There must be some seriously heavy right foots here!

I do business mileage,  so claiming back is critical for me, the less mpg, the more likely I AM paying to work!

I have a 2.0 TS Hybrid excel,  fully loaded with sunroof etc.

I record every point to point journey, and record a separate log for that trip (dropped into an excel formula afterwards)

If I need to get somewhere quicker,  and obviously some (lots) queueing,  I get around 53mpg, but most of my journeys on a run are 60 plus, even 65!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that I'm not commuting it's hard to say because my fill-ups are inconsistent - basically whenever I realise I'm getting a bit low. But with the warmer weather (hah!) my 1.8 Corolla is mostly back above 60mpg according to the dash when just pottering around to local golf courses. In theory it should be possible to drive 500 miles on a tank if you don't mind the low fuel warning. I regularly drove over 400 before filling up.

I'm going on holiday to North Wales next week so expect to see over 70mpg on the drive up.

• Like 1

I am very similar to Andrue’s figures, winter 400+ miles  and summer getting close to 500 miles , rarely wait to go low on fuel and I fill up at least 3 times a week as soon as the dash shows remaining mileage of less than 200 or below half of the tank mark. Fuel quality makes such a big difference in performance and overall feeling of the car. , perhaps economy too👍

• Like 1

With the updated App analytics it is very apparent how the consumption improves in the warmer weather.  My first high speed run since we had the car was on Wednesday, 61 mpg at 45 mph over 72 miles. When I could I was cruising at 75 indicated 70 mph true. The following day 67 mpg at 36 mph for 27 miles.  The monthly figures 62.6 mpg at 32 mph.