Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You Have Got To Try This

selfbuild

Please circulate I have been sent an email with regards to a website called www.b4usearch.com and by typing in an individual's name it brings up their current home address, phone number, any internet entries (such as if their name appears in minutes or documents that have been published on the web), map and directions to their house, details of the other members in their household, and details of all the neighbours in the same street.

To see if your details are held go to the site, click on 'people', enter your first name and surname (or just your surname), and the location where you live such as 'Kent' or "Maidstone", and click on 'search' (Scroll down the page to see if your listed)

The Home Office are investigating how vulnerable staff groups (such as police, prison officers, social workers, etc) can be removed from the site, but it would appear that current legislation doesn't allow for the site to be closed down as the information is legitimately purchased census data that has been linked with other publicly available information.

There is however a route that individuals can use to request that their own data be removed from this site if you are concerned.

To do this you should send an email to privacy@B4U.co.uk asking for your information to be removed.

If you subsequently find that your request has not been actioned within 21 days, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office by sending an email to compliance@ico.gsi.gov.uk and they will investigate further on your behalf.

I'm not on there.... it looks to me just like a Google search anyway - and I dont appear on Google....

Are you sure this isnt a scam?

No scam... i've tryed it out and it found our home address, my mates address and my parents address.

Try it using your parents surname and town, then scroll down after you hit search..... it will possilby list there name which you can click on.

Seen this on a few forums now.

Haven't been able to find any info on anyone in my family though...

If you run your own registered buisness you will probably be on it.. if you are on the electoral role you will be on it.. all this is is information that is freely availble from any public records office etc.

If you run your own registered buisness you will probably be on it.. if you are on the electoral role you will be on it.. all this is is information that is freely availble from any public records office etc.

It will also give out your phone number unless you are x-directory or use another phone sevice provider such as NTL.

It will also list some of your neighbours aswell.

Have you ever been to www.192.com (or your local library with all the phone books), and with the information got off there, www.multimap.com?

Information is easy to get hold of if you think a little. They've just put it all on one website from what you've said...

Personally I wouldn't worry.

Yes, I used to subscribe to 192.com and it's similar to this site.

Nohing that isn't in the public domain though it does look invasive.

I'm there but the information is way out of date.

Yeah, for me too. I went to remove it but it asked me for phone numbers and e-mail addresses before it would remove my (wrong) entry. I went and took a look at the privacy policy and it seems to make money by selling on details to "3rd Partys". :ffs:

No way. They can keep wrong information as far as I'm concerned.

A

Im not particulary worried about that! They try and steal my money and my bank gives it me back, they try to rob my house, the dog eats them alive. Its the immigrants you want to worry about!!!

not on there ..

not on the electorol role.

don't have a house.

don't have a rent contract.

no perminant residence.

I've not been registered anywhere since I left Uni .. not even on the census ..

not on there ..

don't have a house.

no perminant residence.

i've a few items i'd like erm, shifting - think you could help?! :lol:

not on there ..

don't have a house.

no perminant residence.

Are you a Gypsy!?!?!!? :lol:

same here, not on it

i've a few items i'd like erm, shifting - think you could help?! :lol:

erm, yes ;)

Are you a Gypsy!?!?!!? :lol:

Nope, just not born in this country .. but have a UK passport .. and the less info people have about me, the happier I am. :thumbsup:

Doesn't seem to work

I'm not on there and I am on the following

Phone Book

Electrol Roll

I own a registered Business

I own a house

I rent office space

Looks just like a search engine to me

No way. They can keep wrong information as far as I'm concerned.

A

Likewise :yes:

SORRY, NO WEB PAGES CONTAINING ALL YOUR SEARCH TERMS WERE FOUND

Hmmm! Seems not to work for me, and i have the same surname as a popular brand of bagless vacuum so i'm not worried!! :lol:

Damn right Mr Hoover.... :lol::lol:

He said bagless :rolleyes:

Dicey2k, Yesterday

numatic_henry_vacuum_cleaner.jpg

Damn right Mr Hoover.... :lol::lol:

He said bagless :rolleyes:

Dicey2k, Yesterday

numatic_henry_vacuum_cleaner.jpg

You can get bagless "Hoovers" now you know.... ;)

Was a joke anyway.... I think you dropped your sense of humour somewhere.... :lol::lol:

Was a joke anyway.... I think you dropped your sense of humour somewhere.... :lol::lol:

yapyapyap.gif

;)

*Yawn* Ben - that animation is soooo yesterday!!

As for this website, If anyone wants to remove details then I suggest you email them a strong letter first.

Yes this information comes from the electoral register and it's likely information is out of date - but what it doesn't address is those who specifically 'opted out' of a public electoral register, yet still have their details on there. Now that is a misuse of information and it's what they should be held accountable for. I'm in the process of getting this sorted on behalf of someone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links