Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bring Back The Death Penalty

Special Red

EIGHT YEARS FOR BOY RACERS WHO KILLED 4 GIRLS

TWO drunk boy racers who killed four teenage girls in a 70mph city centre chase were both jailed for eight years yesterday.

David Rogerson, 22, and Robert McCartney, 24, squared up at traffic lights after a chance meeting and raced for two miles until Rogerson smashed into a tree.

Rogerson's passengers, close friends Rachel Thomas, 17, Kimberley Brown, 17, and Laura Hill, 16, were thrown out of his gold Citroen Xsara and died instantly.

His fiancee Karen Bunting, 18, in the front seat, was crushed under the wreckage and died a week later. Selfish McCartney sobbed afterwards that his "much loved car" was wrecked.

Rogerson, who lost a leg, said he could not remember anything.

I cant believe that, what a F*!king Joke!

Add them to the stats :(

Why is it that young lads in rubbish cars feel the need to race each other.

Take it to a track .. that way there will not be civvies to crash into at a bus stop.

!Removed! joke that is.

heard on the news about a guy who did a hit and run, who only confessed once the girls parents had published photos of her in a coma, who later died. he only got 18months, they said he'd be out in 4 for good behavior....

I don't have pitty for people like that. There was an accident by me a few months ago by Merry Hill to 40 year old men where racing and one went into a side wall and the other one spun out of control and hit the centre reservation and flipped the car. I don't feel sorry for people liek that, its the people they hurt in the process of there stupidity :angry:

That :censor: ard in the Sun today has killed someone and he's got 9 months, 9 <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing months for taking someone life. It makes me sick. If you take a life you should give your own in return. As they say in the bible an eye for an eye

I agree for rapists, murder's and pedo's should be hung or lethal injection, but i suppose hanging them is a lot cheaper :)

its shocking they were given so little jail time, i hope they were banned from driving for a few years too!

Dan, i heard that one too on the news and i was astonished a judge could give 18months (poss out in 4) for killing somone, disgrace, thats y a lot of people dont give their actions as much fault, as the penalty doesnt fit the crime.

I seriously think that shortening jail terms because of "good behaviour" is total ballcocks. Basically, the given sentence should be for good behaviour. Any f***ing around and they should add time to your sentence. No parole.

That'd be a better system, if they actually gave realistic sentences out!

I seriously think that shortening jail terms because of "good behaviour" is total ballcocks. Basically, the given sentence should be for good behaviour. Any f***ing around and they should add time to your sentence. No parole.

That'd be a better system, if they actually gave realistic sentences out!

I completely agree, I lost faith in the British justice system years ago though so I'm not holding my breath on anything being changed the way the vast, vast majority of taxpayers think it should, it's :censor:

I agree with you on that, I also beleive it should be life for killing or manslaughter and life should be life.

That guy who killed someone and may be out in 4 months, had apparently also lost his license previously for drink driving!!! He had no insurance or license when he killed them, so why the f!*k would they think a 10 year ban is going to stop him doing it again!!!

I Dont think that all cases of manslaughter should be treated the same though, as bad things can happen to good people!

Though I do believe the death penalty should be brought back for special cases(basically murderers where no doubt exists and it was wholey premeditated) If it was brought back for say manslaughter or others I feel it would only precipitate more desperate action on the part of the criminal in their attempts to evade capture. Kind of like people on third strikes in america who really have no reason not to flee as hard and as fast as they can. only with a death sentence over their head theyed be like really desperate and theirs nothing they could do to make matters worse so everythings possible.... including more murders

Think 8 years is a good amount though tbh what with other sentences Ive seen handed out ac newspapers.... pretty rough for those left behind tho....

jus my 2 penneth

So two lads kill four people .. and get away with that.

And then http://uk.news.yahoo.com/04042006/344/doub...d-30-years.html

this guy kills two people and gets 30 years? And since when was a life sentence 15 years ?

Life sentence isn't 15 years, Life actually means life, but the judge usually reccomends a certain time in prison before they can be considered for parole, even if they do come out they come out on license, and basically if they fuc* around they go in for the rest of the life term, thats the general case. thats what i learned in A level Law.

And yeah i agree death sentence should be brought back.

eye for an eye

interestingly enough there is a sociobiological concept that suggests that 'when a societies legal system steps too far away from an 'eye for an eye' policy that civil disorder and unrest is the result'. Maybe this is whats happening :unsure: sure looks like it :yes: .... at least the crims didnt get a holiday to butlins ...the HQ of the young offenders fair treatment organisation!

Waht bugs me is that prisons are nice places .. carpet, TV's etc ..

They should be made to work and it should be 4 concrete walls. Sleep on the floor.

They "opted out" on civalised society .. so they shoudl be allowed the luxuries it brings. You've got rats in your cell .. shame.

an eye for an eye just leads to blindness mate, not the way to solve it.

But if we have SEVERE punishment, not a free B&B stay, with food and TV like bibbs has said above, but old fashioned stuff like lopping people hands off for shoplifting as my old boss told me. She said, i think is was in Saudi Arabia, that was the penalty for lifting, suffice to say not many people do it unless they have no alternative.

Drunk drivers killing poeple? lop their legs off so they can't drive...

-Z

• 2 weeks later...

Waht bugs me is that prisons are nice places .. carpet, TV's etc ..

They should be made to work and it should be 4 concrete walls. Sleep on the floor.

They "opted out" on civalised society .. so they shoudl be allowed the luxuries it brings. You've got rats in your cell .. shame.

prisons are a joke they are more like fu......n hotels

bring back the rope the birch the stocks the ducking stool (oops showin my age now)

prisons are a joke they are more like fu......n hotels

bring back the rope the birch the stocks the ducking stool (oops showin my age now)

Seriously... For theft and other chavy type crime, just stick 'em in the stocks in the middle of town and give everyone various crap to throw at them for a week (with no "toilet breaks"!) Some of the scumbos out there wear a criminal record like a Badge of honour. If they were to be humiliated in front of the public, they might act differently.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links