Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Window Not Working

djtom2000

Hi,

I have a 2003 Celica and the electric window on the passanger side will not work. The window on the drivers side is fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Is there anything I can check myself or will I have to take it to a Toyota dealer?

Cheers

Tom

not sure but you could check the fuses , the windows maybe independant of a 12 volt supply as the load on them is very high .failing that it maybe the motor , was it working and then just stopped , if this was the case i'd go with a blown fuse somewhere.

Push the button on your side that locks the window (next to the control for opening and closing the drivers side window). It locks the passenger side, so that you can't open or close it. Very easy mistake to make, and a mistake thats been made by lots of people.

What frodo said, failing that i would check the fuses and failing that i would think a faulty switch before thinking it was the motor, not sure how you would check it though, but i reckon you can take it to a small garage and they can check it for you, cos Mr T charge a bomb just to look at things.

its unlikely both switches would of failed.

suppose thats true, but hey whos to say he's tried both switches?

:P

suppose thats true, but hey whos to say he's tried both switches?

:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

I had this with both windows recently. took off the door pannel and low and behold the power leads had come loose of the switch. Plugged back in again and all was fine. Perhaps try that, should only be a few screws to take it off.

• 2 years later...
Hi,

I have a 2003 Celica and the electric window on the passanger side will not work. The window on the drivers side is fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Is there anything I can check myself or will I have to take it to a Toyota dealer?

Cheers

Tom

Did you have any luck with this windiw problem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links