Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Capacitor?

Thunder Sport

Hey does anyone know how to install a capacitor? i just bought one and i really have no idea how u fit it? i have been hearing stories that u need to charge it 1st?

Hey i dont no what capacitor it is not even checked it yet really ? its for my sound system cause when i turn it loud the head lights dim etc and its so annoying so i thought i would buy one! and it looks really hard to install lol :eek:

I thought they just were wired in in series with the amp, on the posetive feed??

I am probably wrong as I have very little interest in car audio ;)

I thought they just were wired in in series with the amp, on the posetive feed??

Same here, i'd say it goes between Battery and amp :yes:

I fitted one the other week.

to charge it up just connect the positive wire for about 2 seconds, that's all it takes. If yours has a L.E.D display it will display the voltage on the front, charge it to over 12v.

to fit it

there should be 4 connection terminals, 2 positive and 2 negative.

run the wire from the Battery to one of the positive terminals, from the other positive terminal run it to the positive of the amp.

negative of the amp goes to one of the negative termianls of the cap and the other negative terminal goes to the car bodywork.

I fitted one the other week.

to charge it up just connect the positive wire for about 2 seconds, that's all it takes. If yours has a L.E.D display it will display the voltage on the front, charge it to over 12v.

to fit it

there should be 4 connection terminals, 2 positive and 2 negative.

run the wire from the battery to one of the positive terminals, from the other positive terminal run it to the positive of the amp.

negative of the amp goes to one of the negative termianls of the cap and the other negative terminal goes to the car bodywork.

hey i tried that! the led light came on about 12ish but the amp doesnt switch on? i checked all the wires and it looks fine so no idea whats wrong wit it?

re check your wiring, and your fuses.

don't forget the blue remote lead from the H.U to the amp aswell, you'll need to fut the fascia on the front of your H.U for the amp to work as it won't turn on untill it get's the extra power from the blue wire.

Also the ignition needs to be on in the yaris for everything to work.

Right im sure i checked all the wirings including the remote blue wiring the other day so it cant be that?

cause i asked my other pal and he said i had to get a car Battery charger wit a resistor in between or a light bulb and when the light bulb goes on its charged lol so so confused ! it looked alot easier than i thought !!!

Right im sure i checked all the wirings including the remote blue wiring the other day so it cant be that?

cause i asked my other pal and he said i had to get a car battery charger wit a resistor in between or a light bulb and when the light bulb goes on its charged lol so so confused ! it looked alot easier than i thought !!!

you don't need a resistor or anything else to charge them up, before they had the resistors you had to use a multimetre (or whatever it's called) to check the voltage across the + & -

Just remembered, my power cap didn't work when the engine wasn't running, I don't know why, but just try it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links