Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Fog Light For Celica!

shahidafridi

need to get one put on my celica for the MOT!

any ideas where i can get one from and how much it should cost so i dnt pay extortionate amounts?

cheers

ps any where nr reading or high wycombe would be awesome

i got mine from Halfords , it was about 6 quid , you need a switch also about 2 quid , fitting is pretty easy - have someone wire it in for you though

i'm very suprised it has not got a fog fitted as it was part of the sva test .

are you sure you dont have a switch hidden somewhere - have a look under the rear bumper for signs of wiring and a small hole drilled into the bumper itself

As above .. earth one end at the rear of the car and then run wire to the front, through a switch (that must light up when on) and into a 12v feed behind the dash..

I know someone who only put a fog on for his MOT

He just had a wire that ran through the car to a !Removed! lighter plug which he plugged in. That then had a switch and light so it was acceptable for the MOT

i got a fog light and a switch off eBay for £6 delivered i think, and the switch fit exactly into the little blanking cover next to where the fuses are

regards

Dax

Best way is to get a switch for the original hole and then rewire the back lights so one of the brake lights works as a fog option.

Search these forums, it has been explained exactly how.

My personal opinion is an after market lamp looks pants and spoils the look of the car. A little bit of time spent doing it properly will be well rewarded in times to come

HTH Giles

Although wiring one of the brake lights up to be the fog light is a neat idea it's not legal.

1) Fog lamps must be at least 4" away from brake lights.

2) The max acceptable brightness of a brake lamp is lower than then min acceptable brightness of a fog lamp.

I've got a Lotus 7 replica and wanted to wire the high level brake light up to be the fog lamp but wasn't allowed due to point 2 above which is taken from the vehicle construction and use regs and the SVA manual.

That said most MOT guys will be clueless to this and may pass it anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links