Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Rav4 Options (uk)

Zathras

I'm about to buy a "All new RAV4" and when I was reading reviews made the assumption that a number of options would be available to me which are not if you buy in the UK.

In Europe you can have a rear view camera.

In US you can upgrade the stereo system to a JBL speaker system one, including sub woofer and new head unit. Also it seems that a Aux jack in the arm rest is standard.

Now that I'm ready to buy I find I can't have any of these options, and that the Aux jack is not available either let alone as a standard. huh!?!

To rub salt into the wound somewhat it's also not possible to have parking sensors without the "Protection Pack" that then includes putting bumper and side moldings on.

The dealer I'm speaking with says there is no way around this, and even if I could get the upgraded stereo imported and fitted by toyota there would be warranty issues. Not very helpful.

Anybody here have any advise?

I know that I can after factory have aux jack fitted, and parking sensors but I'd rather Toyota standards plus the fact that is rather tricky as its a company lease car meaning factory fit is a tick box, but after that a very long process of requests.

Have you looked at a Euro parallel import ?

I don't know much, but you might be able to get a few of the options if you got the car from Holland?

Have you looked at a Euro parallel import ?

I don't know much, but you might be able to get a few of the options if you got the car from Holland?

It would only cover the camera option, and also have left hand drive issue. :(

I had the same problem when I bought my RAV4 and wanted to fit an ‘In dash Six Disc CD-Changer’ which was showing as an Option on the European Toyota Website but Toyota UK didn’t want to know, the dealers are limited to what Toyota UK will import and so in the end I went down the aftermarket route.

It’s baffling why Toyota UK do this with the options, I want to know who decides such things and one day meet them directly and ask why they cherry pick and not simply just offer every official Toyota option available and order it when a customer wants.

I have a T180 and had parking sensors fitted by the dealer without the protection pack. They are Toyota Parking sensors (I think the model is TPA 400) and they are colour coded. The cost was £350 all in.

I've since found out that my local dealer is really crap, and that you can have a sub woofer and parking sensors done by the Toyota dealer as after market fit, just some can't be bothered with you if you do.

Still can't have the camera, or the complete JBL stereo upgrade. :ffs:

It pays to look around the dealers it seems, some are very helpful and some can't be ubikd to get out there chairs to even take the cheque.

I wouldn’t recommend the Toyota Subwoofer, a friend of mine had it fitted to his RAV4 and the quality is not worth the money you pay it would be better to consider the Alpine compact subwoofer which fits neatly under the seat or can be fitted in the boot without taking to much space, it also has separate controls making it easy to control how much bass you want.

I wouldn’t recommend the Toyota Subwoofer, a friend of mine had it fitted to his RAV4 and the quality is not worth the money you pay it would be better to consider the Alpine compact subwoofer which fits neatly under the seat or can be fitted in the boot without taking to much space, it also has separate controls making it easy to control how much bass you want.

Ah, ok cheers... thought it was rather expensive I have to say.

Where does the toyota fitted one go, is that under the seat?

It fits under either the Drivers seat or the Passenger Front Seat, you can have read about the installation process on the Toyota Tech Website under Accessory Group chose Audio and then open the 'Audio RHD' Pdf Document.

• 3 weeks later...

It fits under either the Drivers seat or the Passenger Front Seat, you can have read about the installation process on the Toyota Tech Website under Accessory Group chose Audio and then open the 'Audio RHD' Pdf Document.

Fantastic site, thanks for that.

I believe only T180 models get camera at back, so make sure UK ones dont get it is as well... Non-T180 get navi+bluetooth. There is a bit of difference in pricing as well.