Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Question For The Girls

jaxx

Ladies

i increasingly see women sporting the Playboy name and logo in various fasions.. this can be on car stickers, sunstrips, clothing, even see it on forum avatars

why do you find it so appealing? is it the name? the image of the rabbit? the colour (pink)?

its essentially a filth mag for men, sporting naked women with everything on show, and thats about it!

I probably doubt its that aspect of the publication thats favoured yet i dont see women walking round displaying... Razzle, Tatler or Readers Wives for example?

Likewise do you see men with a 'Hello Magazine' bumper sitcker? Or a T-Shirt with 'OK' written on it?.... Nope!

So why.... whhhhhhhhhyyyyy..... WHY!.... do you do it

Help me understand this myth in life! :!Removed!:

i've not got a clue mate..i wondered why they wear it too :blink:

maybe they are wanna be playboy bunnies :lol:

i've not got a clue mate..i wondered why they wear it too :blink:

maybe they are wanna be playboy bunnies :lol:

i should have said ive actually seen women divided on the subject to kim, Tegan cant understand it either!

i wonder if its the shop they are on about, walking around leeds i have seen playboy bunny bags, presume there is a shop!

My sister (aged 16) is very into Playboy.... its apparently THE brand to wear!

As for why, I couldnt tell you, but my Mum & Dad werent too impressed that she wanted to wear the logo of a Magazine noted for naked girls...

Should have seen her Christmas list - everything was Playboy - I got her a charm bracelet in the end (Playboy of course), but she also got a necklace, bag, tops, jeans.... all sorts Playboy....

Its just a youth thing.... we will never understand what the youths of today are up to!

hmm, well i used to go to school with the girl over the road from me (were the same age funnily enough) and shes got it plastered in 6inch high letters across the back of the car....

might go and ask :lol:

I just put it down to the fact it seems a certain type of woman will do anything to get attention... and they would love the opportunity to appear in the pages of said magazine... they just arent good looking enough!

She says "It's what townies are into"

I think townies are like chavs but are slightly less chavvy?

I really dont know, but she's not a chav, she's a townie apparently.... God I get so confused.... :lol::lol:

I just put it down to the fact it seems a certain type of woman will do anything to get attention... and they would love the opportunity to appear in the pages of said magazine... they just arent good looking enough!

i didnt want to say that myself, but yes.... most of the of the girls who seem to portray it, wether or not they'd like to be in the mag.... they just arent good looking enough

I'm a girl and have no idea either! :lol:

Have seen a few Ford Ka's covered in the symbol aswell...for what reason who knows :lol:

I dunno, my sister is very pretty (although I am biased of course) but everyone says she's stunning, so she really doesnt have the need to do anything like that for attention - she gets enough of it being 16, pretty and blonde! :lol::lol:

It's (in majority, I'm not slating your sis Em) a brand for the Max Power generation of girls. You know the ones - they want to lie all over their 30 y/o cradle snatcher's boyfriend's car and set up their own !Removed! sites on the web. Got no idea where the self respect has gone these days but it seems to be 'the thing' to say you've got your own nude pictures/website - what better way to convey this than wear a symbol representing a !Removed! mogul?

I don't understand it. I think it's naff, unclassy and outdated. Whenever I see a fella with Playboy on his car, I think 'medallion man' because it reminds me of the oh so popular gold bunny necklaces of the 80's. When I see a female with it on her car/clothes I just think wanna be Jordan.

sorry but according to chavscum.co.uk

Chavs, Hoodies, Neds, Townies, Kevs, Charvers, Steeks, Spides, Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Kappa Slappers, Skangers, Scutters, Janners, Stigs, Scallies, Hood Rats, whatever you know them as, this site is about them, Britain's peasant underclass that are taking over our towns and cities!

perhaps i should put the vote to them :lol:

I dunno, my sister is very pretty (although I am biased of course) but everyone says she's stunning, so she really doesnt have the need to do anything like that for attention - she gets enough of it being 16, pretty and blonde! :lol::lol:

*cough*yeah right*cough*

no offence Em - but from your description, your sister sounds very chavvy - perhaps the definition of this 'townie' you mention is simply 'a chav with money to waste'?

It's (in majority, I'm not slating your sis Em) a brand for the Max Power generation of girls. You know the ones - they want to lie all over their 30 y/o cradle snatcher's boyfriend's car and set up their own !Removed! sites on the web. Got no idea where the self respect has gone these days but it seems to be 'the thing' to say you've got your own nude pictures/website - what better way to convey this than wear a symbol representing a !Removed! mogul?

I don't understand it. I think it's naff, unclassy and outdated. Whenever I see a fella with Playboy on his car, I think 'medallion man' because it reminds me of the oh so popular gold bunny necklaces of the 80's. When I see a female with it on her car/clothes I just think wanna be Jordan.

nail and head there I think! :thumbsup:

(lets face it, shes a dog too, so no wonder a legion of ugly girls are trying to emulate her)

Quite possibly is my sister actually Caz.... :lol::lol:

I love my sister very very much, as many of you know by now by the way I am with her, but I dont understand her and the way she does things... but thats up to her and her and her mates, thats what they like and I'm just granny big sis.... :lol::lol:

However, my opinion is you dont tarnish all people with the same brush.... she's a good girl, just takes after my brother and not me.... ;)

thanks caz i couldnt agree more :yes:

(not against your sister em, just the general gist)

Yeah dont worry Rob.... I know!

Its Hayleys choice what she chooses to do in her life, personally I think she's worth more than that, but what do I know hey.... I'm just her older, and incredibly wiser only sister..... :lol:

But hey, we were all into fads at one point - I remember owning a Spliffy jacket back in my youth - anyone remember those.... it had a picture on it of a bloke with a joint and I begged my Mum to get me one because all my mates wore them.... :lol::lol: She was horrified! :lol:

But that was the fad back then.... well in our group it was anyway.... :lol::lol:

I like playboy but i wouldn't go all out, im NO chav, iv'e got a playboy bunny on my shoulder and a playboy cushion and necklace which my old dear brought me.

Thats as far as it goes as i think the hoodies and other clothes they have are tackie :)

I don't think Playboys quite as sleazy as Razzle etc. it's an institution, been around for years, tasteful being their aim rather than pure ropey filth!

On a side note, I don't think it looks good in clothing/cars etc. to me it always looks fake, you know, like it's off the market or something?

FACT

I like playboy but i wouldn't go all out, im NO chav, iv'e got a playboy bunny on my shoulder and a playboy cushion and necklace which my old dear brought me.

Thats as far as it goes as i think the hoodies and other clothes they have are tackie :)

i'm sorry :unsure:

you got a playboy tattoo and you think a playboy hoodie is tacky! :o

:lol: you are joking right? :huh:

i'm sorry :unsure:

you got a playboy tattoo and you think a playboy hoodie is tacky! :o

:lol: you are joking right? :huh:

im glad you said that :P

Townie is a Chav without the car :P IMO ;)

And Em... my brother is the same.. nice enough kid n that... but an outside view would prolly put him borderline Townie/Chav... (hasnt digustingly modified the Punto just uses it to get A-B) but he likes RnB n HipHop... and is into his designer clothing etc... (more Versace than Playboy tho...) Doesnt own any Playboy stuff thankfully.. but then again he is 21.. perhaps just missed that one by age lol :P

I have seen the bunny on numberplates n stuff... personally think its a bit tacky... but then again one person's idea of tack is another's idea of ok...

I have decals in my car... they arent to everyones taste...

And hey... I am a member of a car club... I some people who think im weird cause I do that.. go to meets and spend money on my car :P each to their own...

Just gotta be aware of any 'tags' that come with the 'trend' you are into ;)

And hey... I am a member of a car club... I some people who think im weird cause I do that.. go to meets and spend money on my car :P each to their own...

Good point JJ!

My mates know I come on TOC and at first, they thought it was really weird

"You're meeting people off a car forum - are you mad!"

"They could be weirdos"

"You're a nutter"

Turns out they were right on all three counts.... :lol::lol:

My mates know I come on TOC and at first, they thought it was really weird

"You're meeting people off a car forum - are you mad!"

"They could be weirdos"

"You're a nutter"

Your mates are probably right........................................I have met some strange people at TOC meets ;) :lol::lol:

I don't think it looks good in clothing/cars etc. to me it always looks fake

That goes with most of what's in the magazine then :bye:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links