Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Bump Noise

burfitt101

Hi, when i accelerate and suddenly let off there is a loud thump from the car. i was told it couldbe engine mounts but i think it might be something else... this only seems to happen in 1st and 2nd. any ideas pls! (i bet it will be expensive)

thanks james

well for 1 the st185 hasnt got superstrut

it could be either gearbox mount or engine mounts , there is more than 1 .

stand next to engine and rev hard then back off , the engine should jump back and then lunge forwards , listen for the sound you hear from inside the car .you should be able to replicate it on standing still.

if it sounds like it's coming from underneath/rear of car then it'll be the rear diff mount :thumbsup:

Does it sound mechanical?

If I am on boost and suddenly lift off, I sometimes get a boom sound, which isn't a mechanical sound, and as far as I am aware is coming from the exhaust, as its an exhaust type of sound. If I was decatted, I would expect flames to be coming out the rear when it happens

Does it sound mechanical?

If I am on boost and suddenly lift off, I sometimes get a boom sound, which isn't a mechanical sound, and as far as I am aware is coming from the exhaust, as its an exhaust type of sound. If I was decatted, I would expect flames to be coming out the rear when it happens

Yeah it is certainly mechanical, i will check the mounts which have been mentioned. thanks for help...