Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Again Folks!

sjrainsford

Hi peeps.

Well, I couldn't bring myself to sell it. I bought a BMW going cheap not so long back and have been meaning to sell the Rav4 4 since. But I just can't do it. So the Rav4 is staying and the BMW 520 is going.

I just can't leave Toyota/ Lexus! Have always wanted a nice Lexus IS, and until I find the right one the Rav4 is staying. The Rav was stood for 2 months and started first time!

I got rid of my Lexus GS for a Volkswagen not so long back, and i'm just not convinced with German cars.

Thats great news...go to see you have " seen the light " :thumbsup: .

Some how I guessed you'd be one of the first to reply Bob! :thumbsup:

The RAV4 force is strong in you...... B) B) The dark side has lost....... :crybaby::crybaby:

Welcome back Stuart...... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmmm.....maybe i need to get out more :D :yes: .

Don't sell the RAV even after you get the Lexus - I had a 3dr RAV - chopped in for Lexus IS and now back with another RAV 3 years later - they are just that good. :D

Don't sell the RAV even after you get the Lexus - I had a 3dr RAV - chopped in for Lexus IS and now back with another RAV 3 years later - they are just that good. :D

I have come from a IS200 to a RAV4....stick with the RAV4 or maybe a later RAV4.

The later ones drive as well as a IS200 and are as well screwed together, cost less to run ,same 0-60 time,and less chance of getting mugged for it...the list goes on.

What you say makes sense really. And having another Rav4 is one of the things that crossed my mind.

Ok, there's two things that bother me though. Is the Mk2 actually quieter to drive than the mk1? I find the insulation in mine poor. And have they sorted the ride quality in the Mk2? Not that mine is particularly bad, but it's very jittery and perhaps a little too firm. Having said that, body roll control is good though.

Err - ummm - no :D

On all counts :P

Mind you I did have a 3dr on std 215 / 70 tyres, then went to Lexus on 40 series 17's (lowered on TTE springs too) and now have Granite RAV on 235 / 55 17's - I think a standard RAV would run a little smoother as they are on slighty higher profile tyres.

The noise got better once I did the sound insulation but the "one big box" format will never make it as quiet as a good saloon ...

I find the driving experience, surprising turn of speed and cheap (very compared to the IS) running costs more than make up for a little extra noise.

Lexus - £880 on one service alone - RAV less than £190 on two services.

Lexus - new tyres all round every 12k at £450 a round - RAV on 20k and tyres still like new.

Lexus - alloys a continual kerbing concern - RAV no problems !

Lexus and RAV fuel and insurance about the same.

Lexus - cruising at 90mph the norm - RAV keeps me at sub 80mph - OK still wrong but better !

Think I'll stick with RAV's for a while now.

I thought they'd be at least a little quieter than the older model.

Mind you, looking at the haynes manual they are basically the same car with exterior and interior mods, the mk2 seems to be a heavily facelifted mk1.

I still like them though, but would only make the change to a newer one if there were definate improvements over the mk 1, and I don't just mean that the VVTi engine is more powerful.

Any other comments?

I thought they'd be at least a little quieter than the older model.

Mind you, looking at the haynes manual they are basically the same car with exterior and interior mods, the mk2 seems to be a heavily facelifted mk1.

I still like them though, but would only make the change to a newer one if there were definate improvements over the mk 1, and I don't just mean that the VVTi engine is more powerful.

Any other comments?

I have owned a 3 door MK1 and now own a MK2 facelift, they are the same bread of vehicle yet much more refined and honed.

I your going to make the change then you may as well go for a MK2 facelift ( late 2003 onwards ), go and use a few Toyota main dealers for a roadtest, drive a few and make a decision.

I feel what you would notice is the better fit , finish and quality of materials on the MK2 models, if your funds don't stretch to a facelift MK2 ,then an 2000 onwards VX may be right up your street :thumbsup: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links