Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rpm Limit

KevT3

Hi all,

Every time I drive my corolla, I couldn't help reving it to about 4500 rpm every now and again just to feel the power and the acceleration that it gives. I don't know if it is good or not for the car...

I only do it when the engine is warm up. Does the sudden increase in rpm do any harm to the car or is it designed to cope with this kind of driving? At the end of the day, it's maximum torque is at 4500rpm right??

Kev

Has long has the cars is warm i should not think it will do any harm. My 1.4 vvt-i corolla i had that had a good pick up of speed over 4500rpm. I only ever used that type of engine speed when i was say overtaking and needed all 6000rpm but most days it was never getting over 3500. I give the 1.8 in my avensis some high revs once in awhile but only when warm. I should think once in a whlle should do it good clear any crap out of the engine. I could well be wrong but on the other hand the car has a rev limiter to stop you causing any lasting damage.

heh... rev limited on mine is at 8000rpm :D

i don't get the benefit until i hit just over 6000rpm.... then it's **** off a shovel.

heh... rev limited on mine is at 8000rpm :D

i don't get the benefit until i hit just over 6000rpm.... then it's **** off a shovel.

I Bet

regularly take my SR to 6,600 in 2nd and 3rd...it still runs so im happy,just make sure its warm!

I rev mine to 6300 in 1st + 2nd, once its warm :yes:

112k and still going strong! :thumbsup:

It's good for an engine to be given a thrashing every once in a while. Flat out engines are running a much better and predictable mix of air fuel and the temperatures are much better in the combustion chamber so it burns off a lot of the carbon build up you get around the valves and piston rings

It's good for an engine to be given a thrashing every once in a while. Flat out engines are running a much better and predictable mix of air fuel and the temperatures are much better in the combustion chamber so it burns off a lot of the carbon build up you get around the valves and piston rings

That's what I thought, as I usually drive in a start and stop style around the town. I try to rev it more to run the engine. Thx guys!! :thumbsup:

Clear my worries now!

Kev :D

take mine to 7500 rpm every day and have done the last 30,000 miles, and the old girl has done over 100k now. so would not worry about 4500 rpm to much mate