Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proof That Toyotas Are Reliable

sotal

Just taken the car for it's MOT and it passed with flying colours!

It just shows how reliable these things are! I've now had the car 2 years and so far I've had no repair bills. The only things I've used are consumables. It's had a fair few gallons of oil go through it, a set of front brake pads and a tyre repaired when I went over a screw in the road.

I just can't really belive it from a 10 year old car. Every car I've had before has needed all sorts of bearings, bushes, ball joints even half an engine but this car is fantastic.

Just wanted to say how proud I was of the car really :thumbsup:

:toot::clap: BRAVO :clap::toot:

I'M onto toyota number 3 - never shelled out a penny yet, other than the mot fee .

:toot::clap: BRAVO :clap::toot:

I'M onto toyota number 3 - never shelled out a penny yet, other than the mot fee .

From the looks of your new one you won't have to for a good few years!

Well done Sotal (and Toyota)!!! :thumbsup:

Got mine soon, she should be fine hopefully!!!!

9th Toyota for me and still loving them :thumbsup:

Yup, I reckon both Toyota and Honda are rqually bulletproof cars, but possibly Toyota even more so.

Although I've heard that over in the UK Toyota aren't quite as popular as here in Ireland, and that the UK would be more into European machines overall, is that true?? I've definitely noticed a LOT of Pugs/Citroens/Renaults over there on my visits. And of course Top Gear is totally pro Euro, with Jeremy saying "Jap cars have no soul"!!! But recently there seems to be more Jap cars...

Over here, every Tom ***** and Harry has a Toyota - they're nearly too common! You always see old farmers here with 1980 - 1990 Corollas and Carinas pulling trailers and doing lots of hard work after all these years, with gargantuan mileages. And they still pass the test - just shows how great these cars are!

Yep i reckon they are very reliable, i've been through a number of Jap cars, and all of them have been trouble free, i think this is my 6th jap car, even the rover i had, was the one with a honda engine, and never let us down, always pass the mot first time round, and only ever have to service them at the required intervals,

i wouldn't buy anything but a jap car now, unless i had enough to buy a porsche or ferrari or something like that, even prestige wise i would rather go lexus than merc or bmw, although i do quite like the BMWs, which i reckon are equally as reliable, although i'm sure someone will correct me on that.

I didn't have to spend a penny on my celi last year only £40 for the MOT fee. Hopefuly she'll be the same again this year. I check alot of the stuff myself anyway before she goes into the garage.

You know what some of these garages are like.

although i do quite like the BMWs, which i reckon are equally as reliable, although i'm sure someone will correct me on that.

I like the look of BMs as well, but unfortunately I've heard quite a few stories about people having problems with them, and having to pay quite a bit of money to get it sorted as parts can be expensive, and going to dealers can be a real pain. They are cool cars, and for European cars I'm sure they're one of the best - along with VW/Skoda... but they are still European cars and can be quite unpredictable.

My mates MOT on a 320 S reg with 50,000 miles FBMWSH just cost £1200!!! that wasnt even anything major!

Id say they are one of the most reliable, partly the reason I bought mine, sick of paying out most of my wages just to do 8000 miles a year!

So i suppsoe everyone agrees that overall Japanese cars are the most reliable?

Like i said i personally wouldn't buy anything else.

Just taken the car for it's MOT and it passed with flying colours!

It just shows how reliable these things are! I've now had the car 2 years and so far I've had no repair bills. The only things I've used are consumables. It's had a fair few gallons of oil go through it, a set of front brake pads and a tyre repaired when I went over a screw in the road.

I just can't really belive it from a 10 year old car. Every car I've had before has needed all sorts of bearings, bushes, ball joints even half an engine but this car is fantastic.

Just wanted to say how proud I was of the car really :thumbsup:

I envy you, and everyone else who hasn't had to pay for repairs on their Celica.

In the last 15 months I've had mine, I've had:

4 new spring coils

4 new shock absorbers

1 new clutch

4 new tyres that were worn due to tracking problems

Numerous adjustments to the tracking and wheel balance.

I'm cursed. I swear I am.

Just goes to show how well they are made.

I've just had to replace my first blown lightbulb - not bad for a car over 7 years old!!

I envy you, and everyone else who hasn't had to pay for repairs on their Celica.

In the last 15 months I've had mine, I've had:

4 new spring coils

4 new shock absorbers

1 new clutch

4 new tyres that were worn due to tracking problems

Numerous adjustments to the tracking and wheel balance.

I'm cursed. I swear I am.

You've got an ST mate - just wait till you need new piston rings! :o :!Removed!:

What was wrong with ALL 4 springs and dampers? :huh:

Clutch - whats the mileage?

Mine passed first time last week as well. I've had the stereo (knackered), the aerial (knackered) and the timing belt (seemed like a good time to do it) replaced in the past year, and the alarm fob packed up on me too. Apart from that (and the usual ST gallons of oil), my only other expense was Waxoyl. Not bad, I s'pose... I just wish I didn't have the fabled oil consumption problem...

You've got an ST mate - just wait till you need new piston rings! :o :!Removed!:

Why, are STs less reliable?

I bought a SS1 ST202, 1994, and the clutch was replaced at 55,000 miles, just before I got her. It came in from Japan so perhaps an old lady owned it over there and burnt the clutch out or something ;) Anyway, it was replaced couple of years after the car came to the UK.

Gah. Please don't say that.

The springs snapped on the rear when they tried to change the shocks. Same applied four months later when they did the fronts. To be honest, I thought they were taking the mick then, and still do now.

The clutch went out at about 70k.

Just found this on ma Vauxhall site, quite apprpriate really

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=260398

:laughing:

Why do so many people keep buying Euro cars? I just don't get it... some of them are intelligent people too.. or at least they seem to be hehehe..

I suppose it comes down to firstly the fact they are cheap, and easy to get hold of and euro car companies have always got some special offer on of some sort, like free insurance or 3 years 0% finance,etc, the only ones that don't are the prestige ones, and VW that never seem to offer deals, so if you can get a cheap new car, people will go for that. Whereas you very rarely see any japanese car company offereing any form of special offer, or cheap finance deals, cos they now the really bright people will buy their car even if it isn't cheap.

well thats what i think, and thats the way i think, wouldn't ever buy a euro car myself, well the likes of citron and stuff, but wouldn't mind a BMW.

And of course Top Gear is totally pro Euro, with Jeremy saying "Jap cars have no soul"!!! But recently there seems to be more Jap cars...

i think a lot of jap cars have no soul, but many do, together with the oh so great reliability is a good match.

my grandparents had 3 corollas over the last 22 years and they have never failed an MOT or needed anything other than general wear and tear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links