Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creatine - Anyone Ever Used It?

Hou

Been going to the gym on a regular basis now and got talking to some lads who use creatine. They claim its well worth it and makes a noticable difference.Anyone got any experience of it?

excellent stuff.

its the only natural supplement ive taken that actually works (or at least gives a noticable result). :thumbsup:

you will get a massive pump (painful at times - especially forearms) and a bit of strength gain, but you will get considerable water retention. expect a bit of wobbly on the old gut!

take it as it suggests, however load up on it for 10 days (some brands say less), and add a teaspoon of honey with it (helps to get it in quicker).

hth :thumbsup:

Oh no already got wobbly gut, need rid of that!

I keep hearing good reviews, got some in the car will start trying it then.

Now just need to find a gym buddy to push me to the max

I had a mate, who took it and didn't go to the gym, and he started bloating up, so i suggest don't take it if you are not actually going to the gym.

I regularly go to the gym, and i usually just take some form of protein milkshake or eat something with loads of protein ( Tuna) cos from having some discussions with the gym staff and personal trainers they say that every time you workout, ie weights, the muscle breaks down, and begins to rebuild, and as the muscle is made up of proteins, you should take a high proten supplement to help rebuild the muscle bigger.

i think from what i remember that you should eat the equivalent of 1 gram of protein for each kilo of body weight, after you have worked out, i think thats right, although don't quote me on it.

I tried it about 6 months ago, it was the worst thing that i had ever tried. It made me really bad. I was sicking up blood and everything. I WOULDN'T recommend it to anyone :sick: . If you want stuff like that have half pint of protein when you have finished your work out. Eat plenty of fish and chicken. i do and im in decentish shape. :)

Tried it for a while when I was playing rugby, I didn't think it made much difference, I just developed a beer belly and a double chin :lol: .

My brother used it at 1 point, not sure how much it did for him because he's not 1 of these big, bodybuilder types, he kept taking it for a while though (until he stopped going to the gym) so I'd assume he was pretty impressed. It would be no good to me though as (as I understand it) it is mainly used for short, energetic bursts (i.e. when doing the weights etc) whereas I do lots of stamina-based things.

On a side note, I don't believe taking in loads & loads of protein is as highly recommended by bodybuilders as it used to be. As mentioned, protein "builds & repairs cells" so you need plenty of it for muscle growth but carbohydrates (pasta, bread etc) are essential as well as they give you most of the energy you need to do the weights etc so you need to make sure you've got a good balance between the 2, I'm not a big bodybuilding person though so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

from what ive heard, its safe, there is no serious reactions or it causing any health problems, one thing thats important (as with any supplement) is to keep within the recommended dosage and it won't cause problems

some peoples stomachs cannot cope well with it but if you drink plenty of water while using it, this will usually clear it up

it speeds up muscle recovery rate so it has nothing to do with making your muscles larger etc., it just enables you to strain your muscles to a further level and also speed up recovery of your muscles (basically you'll find yourself being able to do more reps while using weight equipment)

Why not visit your GP and get his advice on any risks that maybe involved before you take it.

CREATINE RISKS NOTED BY FRENCH AGENCY

On Jan. 23, the French equivalent of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, or AFSSA) issued an advisory about potential health risks, including a possible cancer risk, in taking creatine, a dietary supplement available over the counter in the United States and widely used as a purported muscle-building agent.

MDA-supported neuromuscular disease experts don't believe there's evidence of health risks with creatine for people taking it in clinical trials for neuromuscular diseases, including ALS, or under the supervision of their physicians. MDA is sponsoring four trials to test the ability of creatine to decrease disease symptoms in ALS or muscular dystrophy.

The statement released by the French doesn't address the use of creatine by people with neuromuscular disorders who are under medical supervision. It's aimed at healthy subjects attempting to increase their athletic performance. The AFSSA statement said that adverse events involving the digestive, muscular and cardiovascular systems of people taking high dosages of creatine have occurred. It also warned that impurities could exist in creatine that's marketed to consumers.

Diana Escolar, a physician who heads an MDA-funded study of creatine and glutamine in Duchenne muscular dystrophy at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, said her extensive research on creatine hasn't turned up any evidence of carcinogenesis.

Erik Henricson, the coordinator for Escolar's study, said that any human trial involves very careful tracking of research, regulatory agency reports and reactions of trial participants. That close surveillance, he said, makes it advisable to take untested drugs only in a clinical trial setting.

"If someone is taking a nutritional supplement," he said, "it should be under the direction of a physician, who can order lab tests and look at vital functions."

Cheers for that mate i will look some further into it but wouldnt be looking to ever go over the stated dose.

As for water intake I work in an office and go through around 3-4 litres of the stuff throughout the day (I have a 1ltr volvic bottle on my desk and dont drink anything but water at work)

Think ill research into it more but the stuff i aquired is a tub of York Creatine that a mate had from argos, still unopened, just he stopped going to the gym as he got bored

i took it for 5 years , no after effects at all , makes you alot stronger and fills the tissue with water for a fuller bigger look.

http://www.ultimate-nutrition.co.uk/

CREATINE TIPS

Creatine is unique in that it is able to enhance energy reserves in muscles while minimising protein breakdown.

Another added benefit of creatine is that it accelerates fat loss while building lean body mass. Creatine is the most popular and effective bodybuilding supplement on the market. Creatine is responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates.

At my gym everybody is seen with a bottle of maximuscle ;) !

Have a look at there website Linky

I picked up a brochure ..... lot's of info/stuff in there

I used to work for Holland and Barrett, which owns GNC and they sell Creatine there - it was a really popular supplement.

Like with most things, there are risks and I'd recommend consulting your GP first before taking it, but so long as your follow the instructions, you shouldnt have any problems! :thumbsup:

Ive tried various 'additives' in the past. At the end of the day everyones different. I found the hardest thing was to get a 'breakfast' sorted out - thats where the creatine and or creatine based supplement worked for me.

I cant eat much within the first two hours of getting out of bed, but I could stand to knock back a ' milkshake'. I bought a blender and used to mix the creatine powder with a pint of milk, a banana, some honey and anything else I could find in the house.

The difference with taking in the extra protein was noticeable - especially with a lunchtime training session.

As with all of these things mate - its down to what works for you.

Right starting the loading process tomorrow with orange juice and cretine, going to see how it goes and if it works on me, lets just hope so

Right starting the loading process tomorrow with orange juice and cretine, going to see how it goes and if it works on me, lets just hope so

Good luck ..... if it dont work just buy one of these :lol:

1103042.jpg

I used it and found it to be very good, the growth I had was so quick though that I actually developed small stretch marks on my biceps!

It does work but you need to too... :thumbsup:

Oh no already got wobbly gut, need rid of that!

thats alright, then just take some clenbuterol to get rid of the gut and build some more muscle B) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links