Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Agggggggggggain

shahidafridi

:help: does anyone know of any places where i can get two vehicles on one policy?

looking at getting my celica and fiesta insured

wats the cheapest out there at the moment?

i think itl be cheaper going on as a named driver because i also want to drive my fathers car and he drive mine hence multi cehicle policy

cheers guyz

I think recently that Direct line have been advertising that you can get two cars insured with a discount, althogh i haven't tried them.

I tried Admiral, and they quoted me £700 each for my two cars, ended up just getting the other one insured in the Mrs's name for 400

Pain in the As* is insurance.

Anyway Mr afridi aren't you supposed to be touring sri lanka with the pakistan squad?

Blimy, Admiral just quoted me £640 for the Celica and the MkII MR2 I've always wanted! Thats nearly as good as just my Celica quote! :eek:

think recently that Direct line have been advertising that you can get two cars insured with a discount, althogh i haven't tried them.

yeh thats true but they only give ten percent on the second car....pretty crap really

I tried Admiral, and they quoted me £700 each for my two cars, ended up just getting the other one insured in the Mrs's name for 400

Pain in the As* is insurance.

yeh i also found admiral to be expensive

Anyway Mr afridi aren't you supposed to be touring sri lanka with the pakistan squad?

im talkin a break...havent u heard...im retired from tests ;-) am concentrating on the ODIs

try a traders policy thats the way ime going next time

my mates got one and no he ISNT a motor trader

£500 any vehicle 3rd party up to £5k value

also they do fully comp

hope that helps :D

try a traders policy thats the way ime going next time

my mates got one and no he ISNT a motor trader

£500 any vehicle 3rd party up to £5k value

also they do fully comp

hope that helps :D

I looked into a traders policy as I've currently got 4 vehicles on the road and two off the road. Far too many hoops to jump through to keep it legal.

I could quite easily go and buy the insurance but it wouldn't actually cover me in an accident. After about a weeks research I decided it wasn't worth it.

Basically in the event of an accident you have to show your books which relate to the motor trade. You normally have to have made atleast 2 sales in each calendar year - except in special circumstances (car valet businesses etc don't have to make any sales but you would have to have records of all the cars you valeted!)

So to do it legally I would have to setup a company, have the accounts done every year and actually do some trade through the company, if I did actually sell any cars it would have to go through the books and the government would take there portion as tax :(

I know a few people who do it though, a young lad I know has just got himself a motorbike and his quotes for insurance were sky high - he's ended up getting a motor traders policy for £700 and he only drives the bike on it.

At the end of the day it seemed a bit pointless to me having insurance cover which was technically null and void.

On the other hand if you find a company which does let you have a traders policy without being a trader and you can have it in writing then let me know straight away!!! :lol::thumbsup:

I was going to say what sotal just said.

Plus some insurance companies won't touch you fro trade unless you are 25 and thats usualy when insurance gets cheap anyway.

Most trade policies are Third Party not comprehensive.

I used to buy and sell and have had trade policies to cover that, which was nice, but I had to pay extra to have cover at home and it was TPF&T only still.

And you usually don't acrue any no claims, and you lose your no claims if you dont use it for like 2 or 3 years, so a couple of years on a trade policy and you are back to 0% NCB when you try get normal insurance again...

On the other hand if you find a company which does let you have a traders policy without being a trader and you can have it in writing then let me know straight away!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Tradex do a collectors policy, Which i`ve looked into briefly about a year or so ago and got a quote. Currently keeping two cars and a bike on the road is costing me £650 quid a year. All fully comp. The collectors policy would`ve cost me £760 for the year regardless of the amount of vehicles. Not sure now if that was FC or not now though. Might be worth getting a quote. :huh:

Sounds worth a try :thumbsup: Insurance is currently costing me about £1500 /year for 4 vehicles Fully Comp. Tax costs me £410. Ouch :(

The Bike is going to go in the next couple of months (before next years insurance is due!) though so I'll be down to 3 vehicles for a little while.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links