Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Find It Emotional

Nick SR

When you need to change cars, you don't really like the one you have, but in some ways you'll be sad to see it go :wacko:

The yaris is going at the weekend for a diesel, dare i say it, vauxhall meriva :!Removed!:

It is necessary due to having a longish commute and leaving uni, so i've had to buy something cheap so i can be in warranty if anything needs doing, a diesel for economy and something with 5 doors :o

Please try and not be negative about it, could do with some positive comments so i don't feel so bad about it

Nick

Aaaww.. yeah it always is a bit :crybaby:

I remember when I sold my 106.. it was one of the older ones and only 1.0 so pretty ****, but still was sad to see it go!! Was my baby!!

Well I'm sure you'll get one some day soon!!

I'm currently driving a 1.4 Pug Quiksilver :!Removed!: ...

Hope to be getting myself an MR2 Turbo very soon though.. I hope!!! :)

Hmmmm Meriva...

guess i'll keep the negatives to myself then... tho I wouldnt have said it was the best option...

But good luck with it hon.. hope it all works out for you and you do enjoy the Meriva...

Yep, I was like that with the Fiesta at the time..it was my first car, sad to see it go but I hated it and it was soo unreliable (yes I know it's a Ford :lol:).

Sometimes you've just gotta be cruel to be kind to yourself, the Yaris has done you well but now you've gotta get a diesel and something more economical :thumbsup:

I will be sad to see the grey Turbo go :(

I'm currently driving a 1.4 Pug Quiksilver :!Removed!: ...

Haha I wanted one of those when I first passed my test :lol: :!Removed!:

I have to say.. and I KNOW ppl won't agree with me on this, but it has been a fun little car... but now I'm the best driver ever :lol: I want something with a 'little' more punch (and a turbo :) )

I'm currently driving a 1.4 Pug Quiksilver

I was torn between one of theese and a Yaris SR when i was getting my first car!

Im looking at selling my car very shortly and hopefully getting a GT4.

I will definatly miss my TS, i drive around in it sometimes now and think about not selling it.

What to do?????????? :!Removed!:

CB :thumbsup:

When i traded my pug in i really missed it for a few weeks. it was my 1st car. You 1st car is always the one you remember.

Make sure it goes to a good home you'll feel better then :)

I will miss my car... it's kinda fund driving around in a ruded up Pug having all the chavs checking it out and then seeing a girl with pink hair step out with rock music blaring out the stereo.. it confuses the little darlings, bless 'em! The look of awe is then replaced with a look of fear in the 's**t! Shes infiltrated our special club innit' :lol:

I will miss my car... it's kinda fund driving around in a ruded up Pug having all the chavs checking it out and then seeing a girl with pink hair step out with rock music blaring out the stereo.. it confuses the little darlings, bless 'em! The look of awe is then replaced with a look of fear in the 's**t! Shes infiltrated our special club innit' :lol:

PMSL :lol::lol:

Lou did you used to have multi colour braids???

Of am I thinking of someone else???? :blink:

I'll always remember the day my Karis went.... I was devastated, I couldnt stop crying for days.... but then, I was mourning her death....

I was sad when I sold my little Matiz though, me & him had some great times! :thumbsup:

Best of luck with the Meriva!

I've had customers literally in tears when handing over the keys for their old cars even though they are jumping into a brand new one which is ten times better at work so would have to say yes, it can be an emotional thing to do :D

I must be a heartless b*****d then. I just see 'em as a car. If it was a decent car, I'd probably be more likely hoping to hell that the new car could live up to the old one but that'd be it really.

On the point of Vauxhalls... Lesley drives an Astra G 1.6 SXI and to be totally honest, it's been a fantastic little motor. Only had to go back to get real brake discs put on it and not the cheap crap it came with - under warrant of course. The dealership was pants but that's a lottery with cars anyway. She wants a Toyota now though! :thumbsup: A friend of Lesley has a 1.7 diesel Meriva and she loves it. Can't grumble about the MPG on it either.

A friend of Lesley has a 1.7 diesel Meriva and she loves it. Can't grumble about the MPG on it either.

Thats what i will be getting, 1.7cdti, good spec too. thing is i haven't driven it, seen it or anything, just going by the fact the one i have seen my dad in (again never driven) seems good. :help:

I know its the best car in the world, but i wanted something with 2 years of warranty left for a price i could afford to pay cash B) There be time for fast cars when the money comes in.

Nick

as the 200s off the road im driving my spare car a pug 106 diesal, and im starting to enjoy it apart form the embarresment of the whole situation

could be worse... it could be an FTgay

Lou did you used to have multi colour braids???

Of am I thinking of someone else???? :blink:

No not me.. pink hair only for many years now! :D

The G6R's going pretty soon, it's just not suitable for the amount of mileage I'm doing these days. I know what'll happen to her, she'll fall into the hands of some Langer (Irish slang for Chav) and get butchered beyond recognition :crybaby:

Yeah, it can be emotional... Not so much the car going itself, more the memories for me.

I was gutted when I got rid of my Astra and Clio - had some good times in them cars ( ;) :lol: ), but the Civic kept on getting broken in to and really left me with no happy memories, so I was quite happy to hand over the keys for my Celica!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links