Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Gti Front Brake Discs

Gti-Racing

Does any1 know if the Megane 16v discs will fit the Corolla gti non tvis as they are both almost the same size

GTI - 258 x 22mm

MEGANE - 258 x 21mm

its just the fitting width that im concerned about, as in it will fit on but will it stick out too much or not enough

any1 know

the reason im querying this is im very BROKE and need some front discs, i wanted grooved and drilled, Megane discs cost about 60.00 and Gti discs cost 156.00 although they are black di's

thanks

Does any1 know if the Megane 16v discs will fit the Corolla gti non tvis as they are both almost the same size

GTI - 258 x 22mm

MEGANE - 258 x 21mm

its just the fitting width that im concerned about, as in it will fit on but will it stick out too much or not enough

any1 know

the reason im querying this is im very BROKE and need some front discs, i wanted grooved and drilled, Megane discs cost about 60.00 and Gti discs cost 156.00 although they are black di's

thanks

isnt the PCD different ? personally i wouldnt touch the french crap, i got some new Rolla GTi disks for £90 the pair from a jap spares place near me ! drilled and grooved disks are great for tracks and short fast runs but rubbish for daily driving as they never get used properly and just eat your pads away ;)

they wont fit. as mentioned above, they have to have the same pcd (i personally dont know what pcd the renault is) but they also need to hve the same entr hole, and be the same thickness etc etc

so by having just grooved discs wont casue as much wear than the gooved&drilled combo? makes sense, never thought oh that before!! :D

Thought so, but glad to know as i wouldve been GUTTED if they did fit and id bought discs for 3x the price

Hey and about the Grooved not being for everyday use, that makes a LOT of sence as TOP of the RANGE mercs, Porsches and BeemZ all have drilled discs, Ive seen no performance car with grooved discs

Least i can now be satisfied with the drilled discs, and they cost about a 100.00 only

thanks guys

You guys need to put things into persective with regards to discs. You can't even think about mixing brands of discs. Even if you get the PCD and other sizes right, you might find a different temp spec or stress spec. Stick with OEM or OEM equivalent. If you are running the car hard with excessive braking, then up-rate.

Cheap drilled discs (or combination drilled&grooved) will cause you nothing but problems with premature warping regardless of how they are bedded in.

The drilled discs Porsche, Ferrari and other super cars use cost well in excess of £2k.

Just contact a brake supplier like Brakes international for stock equivalent or go grooved discs if you want better cooling, but at all costs avoid drilled (or combination discs) unless you are doing a Brembo or similar upgrade.

Spending on decent pads won't do you harm either :thumbsup: EBC Green stuff are bottom line OK, but I have had better results from cheepo Ferrodo's than the greens.

Hey and about the Grooved not being for everyday use, that makes a LOT of sence as TOP of the RANGE mercs, Porsches and BeemZ all have drilled discs, Ive seen no performance car with grooved discs

I suggest you look a bit closer at some super cars... Wouldn't class a BMW as supercar performance...

Many supercars (yes & even Porsche) have very expensive drilled & grooved combos.

Grooved discs dissipate heat outwards. Drilled discs offer more air circulation and thus offering more effective cooling. Cobination discs (Drilled & Grooved) would theoretically be even better at dissipating heat.

I have race spec grooved discs on the front of my track car with suited race pads, and I can confirm that they stop better with less heat getting to brake fluid than over stock items. Unfortunately I didn't have £2.5k for a Brembo upgrade... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links