Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Cycle Carrier

MillemanUK

Is there such an item for the Rav4? Only asking cos I cant be bothered to go to my local dealer and ask in there. after the :censor: fun we had getting the :censor: car in the first :censor: place I would rather see it burnt to the ground but thats just me!

I have seen the ones on the Formula 4X4 site and was impressed but just curious to see what Toymotor can offer.

Is there such an item for the Rav4? Only asking cos I cant be bothered to go to my local dealer and ask in there. after the :censor: fun we had getting the :censor: car in the first :censor: place I would rather see it burnt to the ground but thats just me!

I have seen the ones on the Formula 4X4 site and was impressed but just curious to see what Toymotor can offer.

There's a rear cycle rack listed in the accessories section in the back of the 2006 brochure. Looks like it'll need a towbar with electrics, however. They also list a roof-rack style bike carrier, which won't (I assume) need a towbar ;-)

I've got the genuine Toyota roof mounted one, bought it on eBay for £60!!

made up of 2 roof bars and 2 bike holders, I've never used the bike holders as I only really wanted the rood bars for a roof box for family hols.

Keep an eye on eBay and you might find one!

I had a tow bar fitted and a Pendle Landrover 4x4 bike rack. (10 inches of clearence )

They are soooo easy to fit, even my wife can do it, and it fits 4 bikes on.

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/nulldet.asp?R...androver%20Rack

OK it was 100 quid for the tow bar and 110 for the rack but its ever so easy to use. Highly recomended

I had a tow bar fitted and a Pendle Landrover 4x4 bike rack. (10 inches of clearence )

They are soooo easy to fit, even my wife can do it, and it fits 4 bikes on.

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/nulldet.asp?R...androver%20Rack

OK it was 100 quid for the tow bar and 110 for the rack but its ever so easy to use. Highly recomended

Hi, Sounds good which towbar did you have fitted and can you open the rear door with the tow ball on?, obviously without the cycle rack fitted.

I cant remember which tow bar I had fitted, but yes you can open the door with the ball on. You can also tow as well as carry bikes.

I went to a towbar centre in Plymouth and he did the lot for me

tow.jpg

You should be able to see how easy it is to fit the two bars. They just slot in and a pin holds them.

I cant remember which tow bar I had fitted, but yes you can open the door with the ball on. You can also tow as well as carry bikes.

tow.jpg

You should be able to see how easy it is to fit the two bars. They just slot in and a pin holds them.

Hi,

Can you tell me how much they charged for fitting the towbar (on top of the £210 parts), as I will need something like this.

I've looked at the Witter tow bar and cycle carrier. They make one that fits 4x4 with spare wheel. the problem is that when the carrier plate is bolted to the tow bar I doubt that the rear door can be opened as it is much higher than the ball so the Pendle looks the best bet.

Thanks for the info and great photo's Ulysse. :thumbsup:

John.

tow.jpg

Hi,

Can you tell me how much they charged for fitting the towbar (on top of the £210 parts), as I will need something like this.

Spider,

Do you use or need to use a light bar with this set-up?

How much extra clearance doe the 10" rack give? would I get away with the 6" version? Any chance of a pic of the bike on the rav?

Cheers

Speedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Speedy

You dont need a light bar on this. You do need the 10". With the 6" rack you will be scraping the pedals of the bike on the spare wheel cover.

I dont have a pic with my bike on, as my bike is getting fixed, but if you would care to wait I can post one for you.

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links