Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brother Just Bought Avensis

JNR

hi there my brothers just became a member of the toyota family after years of me telling him to get a toyota hes just bought a w reg avensis 1.8 gls with just over 30.000 miles on the clock so practicly new is there any annoying faults he should know about

his handbrake is squeaking when he lifts it up and is driving him nuts lol any sugestions on what it could be also hes only getting 2 clicks when he engages it any help appreicated :thumbsup:

W-reg sounds like an early vvti. If so, keep a close watch on the oil level, 30-40k is about the milage they start to burn the stuff.

If it's one of the last lean-burns, or good vvti, then you've got no problems :thumbsup:

If it's not a VVTi then the engine will be fine, the only trouble may be from it's town pottered life style, fairly old but low mileage usually means increased brake, suspension and exhaust wear, an average mileage one tends to give the least troubles as its had regular long enough distance use.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links