Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Couple Of T-sport Problems =(

blik

Hello! Been reading a while as a guest thought id dive in and ask a couple of questions!

I've got a 52 plate t sport corolla and got a couple of niggly faults with it, that have only recently appeared.

When I first start my car it seems to idle high between 1500 and 2000 rpm until the engine has warmed up. I know this is normal for a lot of cars (the missus has a yaris T-sport) but i havent noticed it before on mine! When its idling high it does it quite unevenly. It will oscillate for a bit but when its warmed up it settles between 600/700 with no problems? Any ideas?

Also 1 more problem. When I first pull the car away from a standstill there seems to be a rubbing noise coming from under the car. It doesnt matter whether I am turning the car are going in a straight line. It only happens when I pull the car away from a standstill for the very first time. Any ideas on that one ?

Other that that the car is fantastic, hope someone can help!

Kris

Do you use the handbrake a lot , because that could be the rubbing noise for when you drive away afther a night stand still

Do you use the handbrake a lot , because that could be the rubbing noise for when you drive away afther a night stand still

I was thinking that! As you can feel the car drag a lil when it makes the noise. But the noise is a very deep rubbing noise, which kind of put me off that idea. It would make sense tho because it tends to be left stood during the week and used at weekends!

Look at the brakediscs before you go driving in the weekend the could be a little bit Rusty that comes off in the first couple of meters when you go driving

does sound like the brakes binding/ getting the rust off on start not sure about other problem. try asking on the t sport forum might just need a good blowout.

When I first start my car it seems to idle high between 1500 and 2000 rpm until the engine has warmed up. I know this is normal for a lot of cars (the missus has a yaris T-sport) but i havent noticed it before on mine! When its idling high it does it quite unevenly. It will oscillate for a bit but when its warmed up it settles between 600/700 with no problems? Any ideas?

I think mine has always done this. Perhaps the behavior changes slightly depending on whether or not you have the aircon or lights etc. turned on at thie time?

Also 1 more problem. When I first pull the car away from a standstill there seems to be a rubbing noise coming from under the car. It doesnt matter whether I am turning the car are going in a straight line. It only happens when I pull the car away from a standstill for the very first time. Any ideas on that one ?

Are you still getting the Corolla clunk when you pull away the first time? Or has that turned into a rubbing noise?

Paul.

My Corolla does the same thing when left overnight, once ive used the brakes once or twice its fine again though ;)

drive along with the hand brake on to clean the muck off the discs (or is it a drum on a t sport? - ie inside the disc), its possible you could have scoured the insides of them. That happened on my old civic.

Hello! Been reading a while as a guest thought id dive in and ask a couple of questions!

When I first start my car it seems to idle high between 1500 and 2000 rpm until the engine has warmed up. I know this is normal for a lot of cars (the missus has a yaris T-sport) but i havent noticed it before on mine!

The same high idle happened to me after the 30.000km service. You should worry only if it really oscillates.

Also 1 more problem. When I first pull the car away from a standstill there seems to be a rubbing noise coming from under the car.

I guess it is not the ABS/ESP automatick checking noise? Then it should be related with the brakes.

When I first start my car it seems to idle high between 1500 and 2000 rpm until the engine has warmed up. I know this is normal for a lot of cars (the missus has a yaris T-sport) but i havent noticed it before on mine!

The same high idle happened to me after the 30.000km service. You should worry only if it really oscillates.

Also 1 more problem. When I first pull the car away from a standstill there seems to be a rubbing noise coming from under the car.

I guess it is not the ABS/ESP automatick checking noise? Then it should be related with the brakes.

It does oscillate slightly, + or - 50, which was why i was a little worried. The colder it is the higher it seems to rev.

What is the abs/esp checking noise then? I've never heard of that!

I'm not conviced on rust on the brakes causing the problem because my previous cars also used to stand for a week or more at a time and the rubbing noise from that was a lot higher pitched i guess. Even when the calipers seized on me old primera it didnt sounds like that!

The noise only seems to last for just over a second and it does slow the car for that second then its fine! No groves in discs and brakes are always spot on!

It is a T sport too with the standard discs all round.

Thanks for all the replys too! I didnt expect this much help!!

its the ABS setting itself. they all do it. :thumbsup:

nothing to worry about... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links