Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Techy Wideband O2 Question.

daktari

Due to the fact that the nearest rolling road to me that can take 4wd vehicles is across the water in Southampton (Regal) would this bit of kit enable me to optimize the performance of my car in respect to fueling? There`s probably more to it than i realize, so any info more than welcome. :thumbsup:

tis very good bitof kit but i wouldnt trust it as far as mapping is concearned. it would certainly help you to make sure the car was running safely until you can get to the mappers but would still reccomend getting it set up on the dyno

TBH mate just getting the LM-1 kit would only be the start, you'd need det cans and other ways of monitering whats happening in your engine.

there is a full LM-1 kit that has data logging and other engine sensors, iirc that retails at the £500ish mark, but on top of that you need a set of det cans to ensure you dont get pre-ignition.

the wideband o2 will tell you how exactly the motor is running in regards to fuel....as opposed to a normal a/f gauge thats basically just a light show and worthless

so if you have an SAFC/stand alone EMS/mega squirt then yes this bit will help you tune your car better...although street tuning is NOT recommended and it should be taken to the dyno...

that unit will not control anything as its just a mear display and reading...you'd need an actual fuel controller for tuning

OK. Thanks guys. :thumbsup: Got some good news today. The Isle of Wight now has a dyno capable of taking 4WD vehicles. So i can get on with the project with a little more enthusiasm now,, by which time they should have got used to using the equipment. :)

I can't comment on that particular wideband. But I would say that a wideband O2 sensor is almost essential for any (properly) tuned vehicle for monitoring purposes, and contrary to what others have said, it is quite feasible to map a car well on the road in conjunction with a wideband O2 - for an experienced mapper anyway. If you are feeling confident, there are diy wideband kits available.

The next most important aftermarket sensor for a turbo car is exhaust gas temp (EGT).

I can't comment on that particular wideband. But I would say that a wideband O2 sensor is almost essential for any (properly) tuned vehicle for monitoring purposes, and contrary to what others have said, it is quite feasible to map a car well on the road in conjunction with a wideband O2 - for an experienced mapper anyway. If you are feeling confident, there are diy wideband kits available.

The next most important aftermarket sensor for a turbo car is exhaust gas temp (EGT).

Yep. Seen a few wideband kits with datalogging etc. The odd thing is that most of this stuff seems more readily available in hte states. Not to mention cheaper. (Even cheaper if customs don`t clock it :lol: ) Perhaps i`m looking in the wrong places. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links