Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Believe My Luck

kash

Can't believe my luck.... driving to work this morning and this silly lorry driver smashes into my car :ffs: .... I was just about to send it in for some mods :ffs: .

The cars in a real state now... drivers side wing and door totaly gone, may also need a new bonnet. I contacted my insurance company (Bell direct), hopefully they'll do a good job, but haven't got a clue how long it'll take. Anyone had any experience with them???

Yeap was in the car :( .... I was on Chiswick round about and a lorry just came along and hit the side of me... Was the guy blind or something.... I was sooo lucky that the lorry was going slow otherwise I would have been dead meat.... And he had the cheek to say I wasn't looking where I was going??? How did he work that out :wacko: .... he hit my side!!!

Now I have to deal with all the insurance hassel

Ouch, glad to hear all is well with you matey, cars can be replaced.

London is a mare atthe best of times and accidents are always happening. Good luck with the insurance comp...

Guess we'll be seeing your rants over the next few weeks though...

Thats near as d@mn it what happened to me!! I was like 5 minutes fmro the bodyshop where I was leacing it for all the work- typical! So I didn't go through insurance as it's not gonna cost me any extra but the police still haven't closed it all down- this was in April :(

I didn't bother calling the police... cos I heard, if it ain;t a serious accident all they do is ensure that each driver exchanges their details (not sure if that was a mistake though). I missing my car already :crybaby: and it hasn't even gone for repairs.... I can't bear to look at the car in that state.

Looks like I'll have to wait untill next week before I can send it in for repairs!!! untill then it'll just be sitting outside my house rusting away (cos I really don't feel like driving it untill it's all sorted).

exchange details, breathalyse both drivers and if large vehicels check they havent driven over the legal number of hours if I recall correctly....

If enough damage is done to a vehicle I always call them as a matter of course, always covering myback wherever possible....

Until the last crash a good few years ago I didn't realise it was a legal requirement to call them if any roadside furniture had been damaged...

exchange details, breathalyse both drivers and if large vehicels check they havent driven over the legal number of hours if I recall correctly....

If enough damage is done to a vehicle I always call them as a matter of course, always covering myback wherever possible....

Until the last crash a good few years ago I didn't realise it was a legal requirement to call them if any roadside furniture had been damaged...

no such luck! he did a runner! I'd have been seriously upset if it'd happened post-op lol

I didnt know you had to report road signs etc either- my mate had to pay £1000 for a sign he hit lol

Looks like I'll have to wait untill next week before I can send it in for repairs!!! untill then it'll just be sitting outside my house rusting away (cos I really don't feel like driving it untill it's all sorted).

aww mate! you reckon he'll be paying yeah?

I didnt know you had to report road signs etc either- my mate had to pay £1000 for a sign he hit lol

OUch that must have hurt, I guess I got off likely or the police must have taken sympathy as I took two out, when I arrived back at the scene long story the dogs were on the way to find me and the Mk1 MR2 Supercharger was on its roof and they didn't believe I was OK from driving it, if it wasn't for the street sign I don't think she would have rolled....

Proper gutted for you matey :(

The main thing is your alright :thumbsup:

But you want to contact the Police bout it, now!! So the police will check his tachograph to make sure he wasn't driving longer than he should have :censor:

Well thats what I would do :blink:

But you want to contact the Police bout it, now!! So the police will check his tachograph to make sure he wasn't driving longer than he should have :censor:

Ooo, have you not reported it yet? yeah you have to do it within 24 hours. Go to the station, take your docs with you (they'll only ask for them so it saves time) and register it. If you don't and they come looking for you it's not a good thing apparently... :o

It is not a legal requirement to report an accident if nobody was injured and roadside furntiure was damaged.

although, it is a very good idea to do so....

Don't know.... I reckon he is gonna dispute it... gonna some how try to blame me. But from the impact it is obvious that it was his fault.

Untill then my insurance should fork out the bill... luckly I've got my nc protected, but it'll still probably hit my insurance next time round :ffs:

I reckon he just wasn't paying attention... He came out ranting and raving... I just said to him I don't want to argue, just let the insurance deal with it!!!

What I thought was really weird was that at first he said he didn't have any insurance details to give me... and then all of a sudden he gives me a print out of all his details.... the compnay he works for, insurance company, policy number and everything... weird hugh :wacko:

Did you contact the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB)??? something similar happened to me 4 years ago... someone crashed into me who wasn't insured... I contact MIB who managed to compensate me for the accident...

If you suspect anything wierd at all march on down to see local mr plod and just get a reference number from them and also give that to your insurance company...

It is not a legal requirement to report an accident if nobody was injured and roadside furntiure was damaged.

although, it is a very good idea to do so....

It's a legal requirement to report an accident on a public highway if more than one party is involved and property is damaged...

on the subject of paying for damaged roadsigns etc, i also heard that if you hit the barrier on the motorway, and it's your fault, you foot the bill!

makes you think!

glad you're ok m8, as rhaines has said already... car's can be replaced!

there's an awful lot of stipulation that i'm sure alot of people aren't aware of with crashes, some of the stuff i'm reading in this thread i definitely didn't know much about until now...

learn something everyday I suppose :)

Just got back from my local station.... after spending an hour and a half waiting... they ended up telling me that because the lorry driver gave me his details and wasn't aggresive they don't note the incident :wacko: ..... looks like they want to cut down as much paper work as possible

Here's a pic of the damage.... anyone know how much it'll cost to repair??? don't think the insurance will make the car a total loss (hopefully)....

post-15-1059006665.jpg

Ok...thats totally unfair! I rang the police before I went down there to check and they said I absolutely 100% had to report it. Grrrrr. Not fair!

Scary thing is that damage is so similar to mine except it was the door and rear 1/4 panel rather than wing...same kinda denty scrapey effect though. I can't help with how much it'll cost coz you might need a new door skin and stuff. All of mine is being covered by the kit so they just pulled out the worst of the damage :( Sorry :(

hi..

Supragal...

Ok...thats totally unfair! I rang the police before I went down there to check and they said I absolutely 100% had to report it. Grrrrr. Not fair!

from what i can gather yours was a hit and run, you have to report any accidents where the other driver doesnt stop, refuses to give you insurance details or you think they have given false details.

kash, sorry to hear about your car m8, cant see how he can argue it was your after seeing the pics :huh:

Report it to the police that you think there was something dodgy about the manner in which he gave you his details. Also a good idea is to write down the appearnce of the driver so that you dont forget.

A common scam is where a legit driver hires out his trucks/cabs for jobs, but then gets someone else to drive them for him on the cheap.

My old car got hit a few years back from behind, similar thing wouldnt give me his details until i threatend to call the police. When it got to court somebody else was pretending to be the driver of the cab :o :o

Surinder...

from what i can gather yours was a hit and run, you have to report any accidents where the other driver doesnt stop, refuses to give you insurance details or you think they have given false details.

kash, sorry to hear about your car m8, cant see how he can argue it was your after seeing the pics :huh:

Report it to the police that you think there was something dodgy about the manner in which he gave you his details. Also a good idea is to write down the appearnce of the driver so that you dont forget.

A common scam is where a legit driver hires out his trucks/cabs for jobs, but then gets someone else to drive them for him on the cheap.

My old car got hit a few years back from behind, similar thing wouldnt give me his details until i threatend to call the police. When it got to court somebody else was pretending to be the driver of the cab :o :o

Surinder...

yeah but I didn't tell them that on the phone :crybaby:

Ahh well, it's too late now!

Next time....next time... (not that there's gonna be one, obviously....)