Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Efficiency Of My Carina?

rocksteady

Hi all,

Am thinking of taking my 1987 Carina 1.6 Exec on a little road trip, but as it is an automatic I am worried about taking such a fuel hungry car, compared to similarly sized manually-transmissioned cars (sp?!). However, I have been unable to find any information as to the fuel efficiency of my car, so that I can see if it would worth looking into getting something different. Can anybody help me out?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all!

I've got a CarinaII brochure, doesnt mention a 1.6 Exec though, just 1.6 GL or 2.0 Exec.

Either way the 1.6 auto is listed as being 1.8 MPG better than the manual at a constant 75MPH, I would assume this is due to the very low over drive that the 1.6's have compared to the manual.

Sorry which means?! I'm not very petrol-headed!! 1.8 MPG isn't a vast difference is it though? Was thinking of switching to a Volvo estate for the road trip, do you think it makes sense, economical-wise? Sorry for all the questions just don't know anyone who is up on this stuff!

Many thanks.

OK I got my figures a bit mixed up but there are the exact figures as quoted in the brochure:-

1.6 Manual

Urban: 32.5 MPG

Constant 56MPH 53.3 MPG

Constant 75MPH 41.5MPG

1.6 Automatic

Urban: 30.7MPG

Constant 56MPH : 54.3 MPG

Constant 75MPH : 46.2 MPG

The point is the Carina will be probably be more economical than anything else of its size you could take, a Volvo estate would be far worse economy wise.

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links