Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

Fast-gold

Hey guy's im flying down to Gatwick this friday to pick up a new car any one got any tips to look out for and common faults and key points to look out for , I would appriciate all your help in this as it would be helpin me out allot regards mark

Have a read of Leeky's guide at the top of the supra forum. Any questions after that then feel free to ask.

Bit late to look for problems though if you've already brought it??

Have a read of Leeky's guide at the top of the supra forum. Any questions after that then feel free to ask.

well im flying down to c it with the money and if i like it and its in fine workin order ill be driving it back up the lond road to edinburgh that day, thank god for easy jet

Have you got any pics?? mileage?? service history e.t.c. e.t.c

What price is being asked for it??

Is it known car?? i.e is the owner on any forums???

They're pretty bullet proof to be honest, engine should run smooth and quiet, gear change should be smooth, if it doesn't sound right, walkaway or get the price knocked down.

C'mon, tell us more :D

Yaris to a TT Supra, mucho respecto, but for god sake be careful, but have fun :D

Have you got any pics?? mileage?? service history e.t.c. e.t.c

What price is being asked for it??

Is it known car?? i.e is the owner on any forums???

They're pretty bullet proof to be honest, engine should run smooth and quiet, gear change should be smooth, if it doesn't sound right, walkaway or get the price knocked down.

C'mon, tell us more :D

Yaris to a TT Supra, mucho respecto, but for god sake be careful, but have fun :D

how do i post pic on here lol i havent gt a clue how to lol

I use www.photobucket.com to host pics, upload them (it's all free) then copy and paste the bottom link into a post, and hey pringo, bobs your auntie :D

If you get stuck, send them to me at twojzpowered@yahoo.co.uk and I'll do it for you, let me know if you do, as hardly check that account.

815151.jpg

215156162.jpg

62621621.jpg

its got 69000 miles on clock , 3l tt Gz Aero top automatic mot and taxed untill oct

Needs alloys refurbished and slight crack in right side skirt,

what do you's all think ??

nice looking car fella,

best u become a member of the supra club site aswell.

loads of helpfull peepson there, as someones else as already said " take ur time for a bit....wouldnt want u too smash your new pride and joy too bits.

baz

Looks good mate...but would really love to know how much your paying for it :yes:

a UK TT Auto (non Aerotop) will set you back only £7-8k approx. Thats 326bhp rather than the 280bhp (300 in reality) the JDM ones are.

I would value that car at around £9-10k tops myself. There is a 480bhp black one with only 64k on it for £13500.

:thumbsup:

Looks good mate...but would really love to know how much your paying for it :yes:

a UK TT Auto (non Aerotop) will set you back only £7-8k approx. Thats 326bhp rather than the 280bhp (300 in reality) the JDM ones are.

I would value that car at around £9-10k tops myself. There is a 480bhp black one with only 64k on it for £13500.

:thumbsup:

[/quot

hey guys im gettin it for a steel is seems well to god to be true im worried i buy it and it blows up lol because the price dosent mach the car unless the guy just whant a fast sale and im scoring out of it , and ive tacken into account the alloys needs refurbished and side skirts repaired baut im slighty concernd about price, but for the price it should be a risk worth tacking lol ill tel you all the price if i buy it friday night or dont, i just dont wanna jynx it the now, but say i was paying between 6k and 8k would that be that a good deal ????

If I was closer I'd have a look for you, but I'm a couple of hours away unfortunately.

Give the guy a ring if you haven't already and just ask him to be honest with you. Do you have a pic of the engine bay?? (just to make sure it's a TT)

There are bargains out there, my Aristo only cost me £1800, I was paranoid it'd only be a n/a and actually got the dealer to open the bonnet while on the phone to me and describe what he saw :D (I then put a deposit on it over the phone)

Be sure to let us know how you get on, and what a journey back you'll have :D (albeit it a tad expensive on the fuel)

I agree, at approx 7k it sounds like a non turbo to me :unsure:

Better be 100% :thumbsup:

Doesn't sound like too cheap a price to me, it's a GZ remember not a UK spec!!

It is an aero, but it's not manual so it's not going to be worth stupid money - no mods done either which although to some people is a good thing it won't help raise the price at all.

I'd expect to get about 7k or thereabouts for that kind of car TBH.

As long as you don't hear any weird noises or death whine from the turbos it should be fine. Try and get a long strip of road and gently accelerate from low revs (so it doesn't kick down 2 gears), then accelerate harder to see if there are any issues with boost not coming on properly at the changeover to tub#2. Otherwise the usual checks are OK; full lock no funny noises, no clonks over bumps etc.

Doesn't sound like too cheap a price to me, it's a GZ remember not a UK spec!!

It is an aero, but it's not manual so it's not going to be worth stupid money - no mods done either which although to some people is a good thing it won't help raise the price at all.

I'd expect to get about 7k or thereabouts for that kind of car TBH.

As long as you don't hear any weird noises or death whine from the turbos it should be fine. Try and get a long strip of road and gently accelerate from low revs (so it doesn't kick down 2 gears), then accelerate harder to see if there are any issues with boost not coming on properly at the changeover to tub#2. Otherwise the usual checks are OK; full lock no funny noises, no clonks over bumps etc.

hey guys cheers for the feedback, and ive read leekys informitive report on the mk4 supra (very helpful) , does anyone have any more things i should check and does anyone also know when the timming belt should be replaced on a mk4 , what mile mark , cheers markbasically i just whan to make it from gatwick to edinburgh in one peace lol

Cam belt is normally at 60k like most other cars - should've been done by now.

Main thing is that GOOD oil has been changed every 6k miles or less.

hey guys any of yous got anymore tips , as it is d-day tmoz

Nothing really, the 2jz-gte is a non interference engine, so don't let that cambelt worry you too much, but is obviously a bargaining point.

If it sounds sweet and drives sweet, then buy it, if not, investigate why, nothing on these motors is cheap, just bear that in mind.

hey guys any of yous got anymore tips , as it is d-day tmoz

hey cheers , for advise , i cant really bargain with the guy as im gettin it for a grand less tham he first wanted due to alloys needin refurbished crack in the sideskirt and the timing belt not bein replaced in lst service but if there anything else i try lol

hey guys i bought it lol , ill ill post some pics tmoz im off to bed , workin at 7 lol

C'mon, where's these pics, the write up of the journey home e.t.c e.t.c

That's what I was thinking - the lad's gone very quiet considering he's just bought his dream car! :yes:

Maybe he is out drivng it and not talking a bout it....

Notice how my post count has shot up recently??? :!Removed!: :crybaby:

Well that'd be just selfish, getting us all excited, and then just leaving us in the lurch :D

Nope , but then I don't stalk you........that much :eek::lol:

Well that'd be just selfish, getting us all excited, and then just leaving us in the lurch :D

Nope , but then I don't stalk you........that much :eek::lol:

sorry guys ive been workin allot this week and any free time ive had ive been driving lol, but ill promise ill post some pics and ive got a couple of things i could do with some info on , but ill post them tmoz , cheers