Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Vapour Catch Cans..on N/a

midmotorsteve

apparently rev3's have them, before that they don't. Seems if you want an easy induction pipe straight samco or alike with no mess, a catch can can be installed instead of feeding back into induction pipework.

I was thinking about this, its seems sense as oil vapour will be hot. Hot air into induction = bad, remove it to catch can = good.

Anyone know any more about this? catch can i guess will send oil caught back to engine i presumme? how does the plumbing go??

We use them all the time. Just run a hose from the cam cover breather to a catch can (i make them out of alloy) and make sure you use a k&n filter or similar on the top of the can to allow the engine to still breathe. Last thing you want to do is over pressurise the head.

Ok just ordered all the samco and breather filter etc i need to sort my engine bay, just the catch can left...i called fensport and they only do large diameter pipe ones, the n/a need between 9 / 11 mm they do 15mm for the turbo so any one got any suggestions? :(

also the only one i've seen goes cam cover -> catch can -> throttle body. The oil collected just sits in the can and when its full you empty it, :unsure: looking at cosworth stuff (as theres loads of available info) they all have a sender at the bottom of the tank back to sump as well, this seems the best setup :D so is this an option, if so i may get a nice polised stainless cossie one that'll be 1/3 of the price of a jappy one. thanks steve :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links