Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A/c Is This Normal?

stublee

Couldn't understand why my A/C light wasn't on this morning and then realised I was driving with headlights on by mistake ..... don't know how that happened ! Anyway when I switched them off A/C light came back on. Not sure whether or not A/C was working at time when headlights were on out but all works OK when off.

Is this normal ? Some sort of safe mode etc. ? What happens when A/C is needed when headlights are are on in fog etc. ?

You sure the a/c light went out and came on when you turned the lights on then off? I only ask because in bright daylight I can only just see the lights on my climate switches, but when you turn the headlights on all the dash lights dim so I wouldn't be able to see any climate control lights. Fine in the dark of course!

Only a thought......

Runboy is right; all dashboard lights (including A/C) get dim when headlights are on, which, during daylight / sunny days leaves us guessing which commands are on and which are off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links