Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member, New Celica

yourlovewas

Hi, I'm new! Found this place after buying my new Celica yesterday.

I love it so much, so much I can't really think of what I want to do with it yet! Thought I'd make a start here though, with a few questions.

The car's a silverly/goldy (pretty much gunmetal) 05 T-Sport. Oh god. I had an Alfa 147 2.0 just 2 days ago and the Celica kills it, in every single possible way (except maybe for the key, the Alfa has a flippy key).

Anyway! ICE I think I've got sorted when I get the funds. All alpine essentially, more notably the headunit. One of those 7" flippy out monitor things :D.

The next MAJOR upgrade I want to do within the next few days though is the gear knob. Now, I know some of you will have T-sports like me and can help me here. I was thinking of getting a Momo one, but then I thought I can do better. (And also I don't think the Momo ones will fit cause of their long/narrow neck. So I was looking at the two TRD ones. The longer one and the ball one, I read on eBay the longer one won't fit my car? Is that true? (I think the gear numbers were in wrong place anyway though). So I guess the ball TRD knob is the only one I can get. Does this one fit?

I'm so excited, I want to drive everywhere in it.

A small upgrade I want to do in time is the exhaust. I'd LOVE a TRD exhaust, but would like opinions on better alternatives. Or where I can buy a TRD exhaust for the best prices (not had the best of luck searching on my own).

Think that's about it for now, thanks for reading.

Hi and welcome to TOC. :thumbsup: Congratulations on getting your Celica. Hope it works out to be everything you want it to be. Can`t really help you out with any Q&A`s the gen 7`s not really my bag. But there`s a good few who`ll be along to offer any help and advice you need. :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC - good choice of car! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a Thunder Grey one - excellent colour! ;)

Unfortunately, modding is not my thing so I'll leave it to a few of the other Gen7 guys who I'm sure'll be on later, or you could post in the T-Sport section......

I think it's thunder grey yes. Noticed a few door dings and a scratch today where people can't open doors properly in car parks, upset me quite a bit as I'd not noticed before :(. I would have posted in T-Sport section but it seemed a bit, well, dead.

no idea but im sure the guyz on ere will set u right...they r wicked at that kind of thing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ps nice name n welcome n hello!

Sick car shad, 6 months ago (Before I got my Alfa) I was looking at getting a GT-Four. Funny how things end up sometimes.

WELCOME TO TOC AND TO CELICA OWNERSHIP

Firstly - Be a right GIT and take 2 parking apces in Car PArks - If they are gonna mess with your doors then you have a right to be greedy and protective about your car.

Secondly - The most popular Gen 7 Mods seem to be - Lowering suspension, exhaust, alloy wheel change, stereo and tints. Also you have additional bodykit parts like the spoilers and skirts etc depending on your spending levels.

Post questions and sooner or later an answer will arrive when we all get in from polishing our cars and things............

I don't mind being a git! I've priced up a beautiful Alpine stereo install, £1800 odd. I'm still looking at exhausts though, Envy don't seem to do TRD ones nor Blitz? I don't even know which exhaust is going to be better, any help on this specificly would be marvelous.

Oh, anyone know about the TRD gear knobs mentioned in first post? Want to buy one soon.

I will get some pictures.

That exhaust is amazing. Now THAT I am getting before my Alpine rig. Envy I assume?

Still need info on the TRD Gear knob!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-TRD-Leather-...1QQcmdZViewItem - The one that apparantly doesnt fit my car (I think, have i got chassis number correct?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRD-Ball-Gear-Shift-...1QQcmdZViewItem - And this is the one that should but I'm still unsure of.

Wow, that exhaust made me all excited.

Fensport don't do the RSR one you mentioned, however they do a TRD & Blitz ones. That RSR sounded so, so good though. (And a lot cheaper at that (From Envy)) I think my mind is already set on the RSR but does anyone know anymore about Blitz/TRD exhausts?

I love the way you refer to the gearknob as a 'Major ' mod and a exhaust system a 'Minor' mod! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Your like an excited puppy! ;)

Here's the first pic of my car then!

So, what else does she want doing to her other than RSR exhaust? :D

alicelica3rt.jpg

Wheels would be nice, any idea on the best lowering to get and how much it'd be? I don't think I'm going to have enough money to ever do the ICE :/.

You don`t have to do it all at once do you??? It`s taken me two years so far and i`m not even half way there. :lol:

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: I love the colour but like a few peeps on here Gen 7's are not my thing, but she is a nice looking car.

Have fun with her :yes:

You don`t have to do it all at once do you??? It`s taken me two years so far and i`m not even half way there. :lol:

You're right :D. I'm just being impatient. RSR exhaust soon for sure though. I got to get used to the damn size of the doors, belted my drivers side door into a camper van today, chipped some paint off the edge of my door :(. Suffice to say not a mark on the camper.

Hey! Welcome to the club! Nice to see another G7 owner! :) And a goldie as well - good move!

No idea about the g/knob i'm afraid, but in general sounds like you've got the right idea about personalising it a bit! Give Fensport a call about the TRD knobs, I'm sure they'll know what fits. Might cost you a bit more if you get from them, but at least you know you aren't wasting your money on something you're not sure of.

I love the colour but like a few peeps on here Gen 7's are not my thing, but she is a nice looking car.

I love it mate and Im a gen6 owner! I think the reason peope fall in love with a particular Generation and not others is because there seems to be no resemblence from one Generation to the next IMHO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links