Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

lee123

i have the 10 speaker system in my 1990 celica 5th gen,

and i need to replace the 8" door Speakers, do anyone have any info on what will fit.

i would like to fit some subs in there place.

lee

thanks i did not think of that!!!! (so they all fit then)

lee

Possibly... Depends on how much clearance you have between mount, and door panel. The subs will be deeper than stock 8" 'mids' I would have thought. Measure the clearence, and ask questions before you buy...

When i was shopping around for my replacement dash Speakers i seem to remember Kenwood doing direct replacements for the door ones. Was a year or so back but worth enquiring. :yes:

take an old speaker out and take it with you when looking at replacements - get a ruler and measure the internal clearance and do your calculations with the new units in your hand - out of the box, in store. if the mounts are a little off and you cant get all the screws in buy a hobby UHU glue gun (cheap) from B&Q or similair and glue em in.

When i was shopping around for my replacement dash speakers i seem to remember Kenwood doing direct replacements for the door ones. Was a year or so back but worth enquiring. :yes:

Yeah they do sell direct replacements but you PAY for them! There not even that good quality and would advise against it. As said take the old one with you to be sure. Mind you Speakers these days will have smaller magnets than those designed in the late 80's so unless you get some super powerfull ones you should not have any problems. Obviously it will also depend on how there mounted as well so make sure they line up, as other c0ompanies such as Vauxhall, along with others, like to make them unique to get extra cash of you!

thanks all, Kenwood did do direct replacements they were the KFC-W208 but you can no longer get them.

i was hoping someone had replaced there ones with good quality Speakers and they could tell me the make and model number.

most of the ones i have come across are to deep and would hit the window, i know i would have the cut the back out a bit to get new ones in, so still looking.

lee

thanks all, Kenwood did do direct replacements they were the KFC-W208 but you can no longer get them.

i was hoping someone had replaced there ones with good quality speakers and they could tell me the make and model number.

most of the ones i have come across are to deep and would hit the window, i know i would have the cut the back out a bit to get new ones in, so still looking.

lee

some GREAT Speakers are out there! Morel WR-8s would be fantastic, 8.75" however they use neo mangets so are VERY slim, or there is a similar option from dynaudio, however these drivers are particularity cheap ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links