Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spax Lowering Springs

Lia TOC

Hi,

Ive seen some Spax Lowering Springs for £94 from top gear performance.

Except that theres another £100 on top just to fit them :o

I think thats this is abit expensive, but, im almost sure that I read one you guys to them bought and had them fitted for £100.

Anyone know where I could get them fitted abit cheaper?

(they are going to be done after my 15"s are fitted, and the springs drop the car 40mm, stupid question but this wouldnt cause any problems would it?)

Hi,

Ive seen some Spax Lowering Springs for £94 from top gear performance.

Except that theres another £100 on top just to fit them :o

I think thats this is abit expensive, but, im almost sure that I read one you guys to them bought and had them fitted for £100.

Anyone know where I could get them fitted abit cheaper?

(they are going to be done after my 15"s are fitted, and the springs drop the car 40mm, stupid question but this wouldnt cause any problems would it?)

No shouldn't cause any probs at all!! Some people are much lower and with bigger wheels and no rubbing is happening. I'm on 16's at mo with a 45mm drop and its ok.

Spax are a decent make but theres also a few Gmax spring kits around at the minute (some on here!) which also lower the car 40mm. These are cheaper than the Spax kit so if you want to save a few quid and put it towards the fitting then I'd recommend!!

And if you batter your eye lids nicely, I'm sure there's lots of garages that will fit them for cheaper than a 100 squid!!

I had quotes from £90 - £140 for fitting my springs

£90-£100 is abought right price, especially if it includes the wheel alignment, don't forget you will need the wheel alignment after having the springs fitted, quite a few people will charge extra on top of your price for this.

so really when you brake the price down it's about £60 for fitting the springs and about £30-£40 for the wheel alignment

i think i got mine fitted for around £30 lolz, local garage that i always go to and all my mates go to.

while on topic of springs, are there any spring kits that lower the yaris more than 45mm? i want somethin that lowers right down! lolz, prefferably adjustable, (and please dont say get hydraulics lolz)

If you find someone off here who lives near you you could always ask them nicely and offer them a few beers if they'll fit the springs for you! Then just take it to a garage to get it laser alligned so your only paying out for that! I'm sure some people on here will fit them if not for free than quite cheap!

while on topic of springs, are there any spring kits that lower the yaris more than 45mm? i want somethin that lowers right down! lolz, prefferably adjustable, (and please dont say get hydraulics lolz)

Adjustable height you want? Then the only thing for it is adjustable coilovers! No other suspension can change ride height, as far as i'm aware, as you need the adjustable platform on the coileys to shorten the spring (or however they work). How else are you going to adjust just a spring :wacko: Coilovers are your only choice mate and Tein's can be got for £450 now so not much for the adjustability you want with a much firmer ride! Apart from that i dont know of any springs that lower the yaris more then 45mm, and even if you did find them you would need new uprated shorter shocks as the old ones would bottom out (i think thats the right term). So yeah your looking at spending a lot on the other route so just go coileys as you know it makes sense! :P

yups coilovers and springs n wot have ya lolz i meant to say suspension instead of springs lolz, but okies cool cheerz

Apart from that i dont know of any springs that lower the yaris more then 45mm, and even if you did find them you would need new uprated shorter shocks as the old ones would bottom out (i think thats the right term).

You can get 60mm drop springs from somewhere, can't remember who right now.

but, your right about bottoming out.

Nick

Hey ,

Mine is lowered 30mm with 17s and its ok ! bottoms out sum times , but i got my springs fitted + aligned for £45 from a local garage , so I would go to your locals and get sum qoutes !

David

i dont live THAT far from worksop.... dont have any spring compressors.. and im probably missing a few tools required... :unsure: