Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dog & Cat Fur Petition

Demonic Angel

Odd note tho... that coat looks waaaay to big for her.. and really square!! :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kirst_ie

• Demonic Angel

• JustJJ

• Tegan

Top Posters In This Topic

This debate really interests me.

I kind of always take the stance that I wear leather shoes, have leather trim in my car - yet it doesn't bother me as much because I know I'll happily eat steak and chips, or a lovely bit of roast beef for Sunday dinner.

I choose not to wear real fur because I don't eat the animals it's made from and I just don't like the look of fur coats etc - But I will happily wear a coat that has fake fur lining or shoes with a fur-like trim... so I guess that's contradictory because it's effectively emulating a real product I choose not to wear, bit like a veggie wearing leather-like shoes. So I can't have a definitive argument on the subject - but I do respect those who do.

It's always sad to see the kind of animal cruelty images that are posted, but Jaxx is absolutely right - you will always be presented with shocking images by those that want action. It's propaganda. If I feel provoked enough to sign a petition, I try to look at it at a broader sense than allowing the activists to persuade me with the images they want me to see. If I'm still convinced, then I'll sign on the dotted line. If someone mentions shark conservation, for example, then I'm there in a flash because I'm a bit more educated on the subject.

All I'll say is if someone feels very strongly about such things, and they have the same feelings once researching a bit for themselves, then by all means sign and perhaps join the groups that are actively campaigning against it - but always be wary of propaganda :thumbsup:

It's propaganda.

You are totally right .. you'll never see adverts against the animal trade where the animals are tucked into bed with coco every night. :thumbsup:

You'll always get the worst case senario.

And I'm happy with my leather shoes/wallet/belt/jacket/seats/sheets/duvet cover ..

erm, maybe not the last two :huh:

And I'd rather eat dog and cat over sprouts and cabbage ANY day.

It's always sad to see the kind of animal cruelty images that are posted, but Jaxx is absolutely right - you will always be presented with shocking images by those that want action. It's propaganda. If I feel provoked enough to sign a petition, I try to look at it at a broader sense than allowing the activists to persuade me with the images they want me to see. If I'm still convinced, then I'll sign on the dotted line. If someone mentions shark conservation, for example, then I'm there in a flash because I'm a bit more educated on the subject.

w00t, first time for everything

just continuing the part of that thread, ive been looking at the same A3 sized picture a few pages into a free paper we get at work, showing some bloke rearing up an ice pick to a seal on the floor looking all helpless and squealing for 'help'.... hes also wearing what looks like some pretty expensive gore-tex lined clothing and theres the words 'stop seal clubbing blah blah' plastered on the bottom, as you say propaganda

so i had a search on the web, and funilly enough up comes the horror stories and those helpless activsts in their little dingy that got RAMMED and capszied by a sealing vessle.... oh boo hoo

then theres a website with interviews from the folks of Newfoundland who WISHED they had sealing vessles! And are fed up of these little buggers eating all the fish, which the boats are supposed to catch and provide food and income, even more they are fed up of the hippys that make life even more difficult by staging such stupid protests, they think theyre doing some dumb animal a favour but ruining peoples ways of life, yet dont feel any selfish act at all

:ffs:

and relax

B)

Even though I'm in my own ways sensitive about how animals are treated, as has been said ...

... you will always be presented with shocking images by those that want action. It's propaganda.

That is why I will not sign this particular petition because I seem to have an allergy for this side of Macca, Heather Mills and all the other zealots at PETA.

Yves.

Are people stupid or WHAT? :angry:

You all keep going on about leather this leather that, but your not understanding, most of the cow gets used not just the skin and then the body gets stuck up a courner to rot! Also its the fact that these animals are being skinned ALIVE it wouldn't be half as bad if they were dead! Every animal we eat is usually kileed before anything is done to it.

Seal culling: Yeah they are probably eating all the fish and they are classed as vermin to some people, but if they need to kill then don't beat them with a 2x4 plank, shoot them, its more humain then clubbing the poor animals head in.

I wonder what would happen if some sick f**k wanted to wear a human skin coat? Skin the person alive and leave the body to rot! People would have alot to say about that wouldn't they?????

Are people stupid or WHAT? :angry:

You all keep going on about leather this leather that, but your not understanding, most of the cow gets used not just the skin and then the body gets stuck up a courner to rot! Also its the fact that these animals are being skinned ALIVE it wouldn't be half as bad if they were dead! Every animal we eat is usually kileed before anything is done to it.

Seal culling: Yeah they are probably eating all the fish and they are classed as vermin to some people, but if they need to kill then don't beat them with a 2x4 plank, shoot them, its more humain then clubbing the poor animals head in.

I wonder what would happen if some sick f**k wanted to wear a human skin coat? Skin the person alive and leave the body to rot! People would have alot to say about that wouldn't they?????

It's obviously an issue close to your heart Kirst_ie. May I ask - are you a member of any of the campaigning groups? Or is your involvement just signing this particular petition?

If it's something you're passionate about, then you should look to extending your active support further towards those that want to change the situation. :thumbsup:

This could go on and on ..

Lobsters, we don't even make clothes out of them, but we BOIL THEM ALIVE !! I see lots of snake skin boots and there are not too many Snake resturants about. I've a chess set, but never eaten elephant.

Hell, if there was Cat meat on the menu, I'd have a taste. Infact I think they are missing a large market. Buy two portions of deep fried battered cat with dog fries and get a pair of free Moccasins ..

Any oppertunity i get to sign a animal cruelty petition i sign it :angry: , i also try and donate money to charitys to stop cruelty to animals weather it a rat or an sheep, at the end of the day these things are real they feel pain the same as everybody else but as we defend ourselves animals can't!!!! :angry: And sick b*****ds take advantage of this :angry:

I would like to see humans treat humans the wasy humans treat animals. They have rights people say! So do animals. which some people don't understand.

The fur trade will never stop! But its the fact of how there treated before hand.

Personally I reckon its gone on long enough... and a Mod should close it...

its cyclical... no one will ever agree... and some people seem to be saying stuff on here just to get a rise out of those who seem truely affected by this..

Em said her peace... brought petition to attention.. there has been a good debate..

Now.. cant it be closed off?

its all the same as save the tree ban fox hunting etc etc. I had someone in thee pub complaining about pheasant shooting, but pheasants when reared to be shot live longer and have better lives, may not be the same for fur trade, but wouldnt be surprised, they will get fed looked after have little or no natural predataors as they will be secure.

just townies looking for something to ban since they got rid of fox hunting

Can we have a petition for MORE animal culling? I think the more jackets we make/buy the cheaper the prices will be and then everyone can afford them!

The only issue a lot of people have is that cats & dogs are pets here and vermin there.

Vermin ..

chinchilla.jpg

!Removed! ..

wcj_1056.jpg

When sick people say stuff like this do you honestly expect people just to sit there and agree with them? If you do there is something really wrong with you :angry:

that cats and dogs are vermin over there they are, they dont look at them the same as ppl in the uk

I would like to see humans treat humans the wasy humans treat animals.

Go to Zimbabwe, with Mugabe in power it *IS* like that.

Or how about Guantanamo Bay with old Dubbleya?

Just need to look down in history to find recient people (Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot) .. or even further to see the persecution of Africans, native americans and aboriginals.

I'll lock this now as it's not a "debate" but an "argument" ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links