Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

jim1933

I have a Carina E Solair I used my key fob remote as usual and the Drivers door would not unlock all the other doors opened; I could not manually unlock the drivers door I had to open this door from the other side, and as soon as this door shuts it locks? any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup: thanks Jim.

Does the driver's lock respond to the interior central locking switch on the door? This switch could be the problem.

May'be its confused - Would disconnecting the Battery for a couple of minutes work I wonder?

Does the driver's lock respond to the interior central locking switch on the door? This switch could be the problem.

May'be its confused - Would disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes work I wonder?

Thanks gazza1286. I will give it a try I did see the instructions for doing the proceedure when I seached for if anyone had this problem before,thanks for your time and help I will post how I get on with it.cheers Jim.

im having the same problem on mine let us know how ya get on m8y :thumbsup:

Well I did as advised- I disconnected the battery; no result I took off the negative, put the key in ignition switched on and reconnected the negative, no result, when I operate the door lock switch by the window switch I can hear it activating but doing this did not alter the door lock- if I put the key in the lock I cannot turn the key at all to the unlock position, if I let the door shut -even to the first contact the lock will lock the door. thank you all for your help much appreciated as I am in my seventies I cant get to the positions needed to get at the door to look so I went down to our main Toyota dealer they are having it into intensive care this Friday no doubt it will cost a lot to fix, I will let you know what they do to fix it :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

im having the same problem on mine let us know how ya get on m8y :thumbsup:

Well I did as advised- I disconnected the battery; no result I took off the negative, put the key in ignition switched on and reconnected the negative, no result, when I operate the door lock switch by the window switch I can hear it activating but doing this did not alter the door lock- if I put the key in the lock I cannot turn the key at all to the unlock position, if I let the door shut -even to the first contact the lock will lock the door. thank you all for your help much appreciated as I am in my seventies I cant get to the positions needed to get at the door to look so I went down to our main Toyota dealer they are having it into intensive care this Friday no doubt it will cost a lot to fix, I will let you know what they do to fix it :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

I took it into Toyota for the day they say it needs a new lock it will cost £200 plus fitting they did not have one in stock it is being done on Thursday next I will say how it all goes later :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

That's a ridiculous price! Go to an independent garage - I bet a foreign body has fallen into the lock. If you get it dimantled/lubricated it'll work fine.

Has the dealer actually taken it adrift to check or had he just said - NEW LOCK!

Will you be left with a different key for the door?

That's a ridiculous price! Go to an independent garage - I bet a foreign body has fallen into the lock. If you get it dimantled/lubricated it'll work fine.

Has the dealer actually taken it adrift to check or had he just said - NEW LOCK!

Will you be left with a different key for the door?

Hi gazza1286

Yes they did take the door trim off- in fact they also left the lock linkage disconnected and the outside door handle is loose, so if I did take it to someone else would they want to correct another garage's job?

The mechanic at the main Toyota dealer who looked at the job- he said the Solenoid actuator within the lock was u/s and only the full lock can be fitted? :unsure: All I can do now is let them do the job and never go there again my worry apart from the cost is will they do a good job :unsure:

It will take two weeks pension money + to pay for the job.

Some time ago I was given an address of a garage in Droitwich who is an ace on Totota work is he still there do you know? your help much appreciated cheers Jim.

If the actuator is faulty these will be available from a breakers yard. But if the Offside part is the same as that on the nearside I'd be tempted to just swap them over.

Is that an option?

If the actuator is faulty these will be available from a breakers yard. But if the Offside part is the same as that on the nearside I'd be tempted to just swap them over.

Is that an option?

Thanks gazza1286 I dont have enough skill or knowledge of door locks; never had this before and I have had cars since 1956. I think I will let them do the job and learn something from it. like keep away from them in future :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

Is that an option?

Thanks gazza1286 I dont have enough skill or knowledge of door locks; never had this before and I have had cars since 1956. I think I will let them do the job and learn something from it. like keep away from them in future :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

Well I got the car back all is working ok and it came back clean and scratch free, what they did was fit a new lock part number T69030-20460 at £99.61 and an hours labour at £75 total £205.17 which was better than thier first quote.

Pleased to say I have paid for the Gold Membership so I expect I will be getting an email and do I get a pack through the door? thank you all for your help and replies cheers Jim. :thumbsup: