Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possibly Going Back To Toyotas.

KidKoala

Hey guys, not been round here for a little while (I used to own an AE92 GTi-16). I spent 11 months building a Classic mini, rebuilt nearly everything and changed the engine and had it tuned etc... Things kept going wrong and getting expensive to keep replacing everything, and I had enough of it. Recently some little toerag tried to steal the car but didnt get too far, but did lots of damage, so I'm breaking it for parts now.

I won't be in the market for a new car for some time now, but I can't resist looking at what options may be open to me. I was considering getting a Celica 2.0GT (ST202) but I don't know a great deal about them.

Could an early one be had for around £2000, and what insurance group is it?

I'm 22 with 2 years NCB so hoping i'm insurable.

Con

I bought an immaculate p plate example for £2000ish so you should easily be able to get an earlier example in decent condition with a good history. Insurance is cheap as there only either group 14 or 15.

I know a couple of people who have squeezed V6's in and whilst they were extremely quick they were a nightmare to maintain as everything was unique. I do ove the character of them but to be honest they are not the best cars for day to day use.

Welcome back to the fold. The 202 is a good choice of car no doubt about it. :yes:

Seems like your going to be a little while getting one, So that gives you the ideal opportunity to bone up on all the info you need to get a gem. :thumbsup:

The GT's seem dirt cheap at the moment, I was half considering buying a GT the other day. There was a nice one parked at the side of the road for £1495 it was an M plate but looked very tidy

I remember you from the Corolla forum! :lol:

£2000 should get you a very nice Gen 6 GT :yes: and insurance shouldnt be a problem for you :thumbsup:

How about this... My current insurers (HIC) want £200 on top of my £400 policy to insure the car 3rd party, or £800 ontop of my £400 to keep it fully comp.

Meaning £600 3rd party

Or £1200 Fully comp...

Thats insane... They want twice as much for fully comp!

I can't get any other quotes unless I cancel my policy really, which I think I'll have to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links