Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Based Veranti

simongregson

Wow :eek:

A lot of work went into that B)

I thought it looks more like a MKIII (roadster).

has peu-goat back lights... and therefore looks like the very ghey 206CC

I think it looks like a Honda S2000.

:lol::crybaby:

Looks like a LOT of effort went into that .. and the end result isn't too ott or trying to be a Ferrari wannabe .. :thumbsup:

I like. :thumbsup: Not a fan of kit cars generally, but that does look very well done. The only thing that would concern me is the rigidity of the Shell. Remove the roof and you`ve got to strengthen it somewhere. No obvious signs though. Although no doubt it has been attended to. :yes:

To begin with you need to prepare your donor but crucially the only bit of cutting involved is the removal of the roof and don’t go worrying about the old cliché about production cars folding up like a banana when the lid is chopped, because in this instance John says that the Toyota is bullet-proof and the door gaps move no more than ½ mm after the process. However, the company do supply a steel frame that fits under the car and reinforces the structural integrity. The front and rear ends are unbolted and replaced with double skinned bonnet, wings and front bumper. As mentioned earlier the existing doors are re-skinned, as too are the rear wings, which need to be slightly reshaped before the new ones go on. The old boot lid and rear bumper are dispensed with in favour of new items, and all existing hinges are used throughout. All in the name of simplicity and ease of build. The Toyota pop-up headlamps are ditched in favour of some fetching Hella ‘twin’ items, which look bang up to date and give a real production car look to the Veranti, as do the superb Peugeot 206 rear units. I really like the demonstrators’ colour scheme of Honda Canyon Stone Silver and it belies the Veranti’s relatively humble underpinnings.

From here. tried and tested.

At first glance I thought that was a mk3 lol.... I must say its a damn good job... lots of work gone into it... and looks nothing like an MR2 really :P hehe

A totally different car... (which imo is kinda good cause you not trying to pretend its something its not with bodykits..) :)

I like it :thumbsup:

Overall, I quite like that :thumbsup:

Top marks for doing a conversion that isn't pretending to be a Ferrari. Not sure if it looks too much like an S2k (perhaps the back slightly?).

The only things I really don't like are the rims and clear rear lenses, I think they degrade the look a little. An interesting read though and hope you have fun driving it :)

seen this ages ago in a kit car magazine...

the front is designed to look like the Porsche carrera GT

I think it looks mis proportioned....

There is a stunning kit based on the MX-5.. it looks likes a modern version of a 60s GT... they also dida fastback version of it... I can;t find the link though :(

I think it looks mis proportioned....

There is a stunning kit based on the MX-5.. it looks likes a modern version of a 60s GT... they also dida fastback version of it... I can;t find the link though :(

This the one?

http://www.retroforza.com/

Quite like the Veranti, looks good and its a far better finish than any of the MR2 'Ferrari' abominations ;)

Thats the one!!!!!! I'd not mind one of those :D

shad.jpg

looks ace!!!!!!

coopmod.jpg

I know its a photoshop... but how cool is it with a fast back :D

I like it. Looks very much a complete car unlike some I've seen. :thumbsup:

I'm not a kit car person, but this looks the business, I cant quite believe how it started out. :eek: It looks superb and bet it'll be a great ride! :D

............... its very....................... porsche? like said earlier looks like a carrera GT. the rear lights are a big no no though, clear lense lights.... lexus lights?

i think with some different wheels the car will brighten up a lot more, maybe its the camera angles? just looks odd to me.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a copy of the veranti build manual?

I'm interested in the roof chop & underbrace so I spoke to veranti this morning who tell me that the kit is no longer available as a soft top, it's Tbar or coupe only! Apparently the SVA rules have been reworded so the soft top veranti is no longer SVA exempt.

TIA, Bill

Does anyone have a copy of the veranti build manual?

I'm interested in the roof chop & underbrace so I spoke to veranti this morning who tell me that the kit is no longer available as a soft top, it's Tbar or coupe only! Apparently the SVA rules have been reworded so the soft top veranti is no longer SVA exempt.

TIA, Bill

Give revision6.com a shout, they did a roof chop on a Mk2 as a project and might be able to point you in the right direction!

Not very feasable...

I enquired about it a while back with rogue. Takes alot out of the car, structuraly.

• 13 years later...

Hi I’m looking for a veranti spyder o/s/headlamp cover any ideas where I might find one ....apart from the m5! Thanks ken