Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Window Closers

tomfraser

hi just wanted to see if anyone has fitted window closers to the ravs alarm unit?

can it be done?

just think it would be a nice touch!

has anyone got a wiring diagram for the alarm?

thanks

hi just wanted to see if anyone has fitted window closers to the ravs alarm unit?

can it be done?

thanks

looks like no one has had it done yet?

anyway im getting some fitted next weekend and im having the sunroof to auto close at the same time!

its only costing £200 dont know if thats a bit much but it will look good when i turn the alarm on :P

can it be done?

thanks

looks like no one has had it done yet?

anyway im getting some fitted next weekend and im having the sunroof to auto close at the same time!

its only costing £200 dont know if thats a bit much but it will look good when i turn the alarm on :P

just had my window closers fitted and the work great,well worth the money... just wonderng what else to do to it now...any ideas anyone?

That’s was one of the last things I wanted to do to the car before I emigrated, now my RAV4’s in a container on ship hopefully nearing Mauritius :unsure:

That’s was one of the last things I wanted to do to the car before I emigrated, now my RAV4’s in a container on ship hopefully nearing Mauritius :unsure:

sorry to see your your leaving us,but atleast you will still be able to come on the owners club.wish i had the guts to emigrate...good luck to you anyway

can it be done?

thanks

can it be done?

thanks

Hi there,

Did you manage to get the auto window and sunroof closers fitted yet?

Fancy it on my Rav 4 also.

Was it through a Toyota dealers? If not where did you get it done?

Cheers

can it be done?

thanks

Hi there,

Did you manage to get the auto window and sunroof closers fitted yet?

Fancy it on my Rav 4 also.

Was it through a Toyota dealers? If not where did you get it done?

Cheers

hi it was cheaper than i planned! i got 2 window kits off eBay which was about £78 the are £35 each moduel my auto elec charged me £50 to fit then. but could not get the sunroof done!!! he tried but he said it could not be done as its got the tilt on it! but the windows work perfect.

so really you just need 1 kit for your doors so it should only cost about £90 to have them on your car which i think is well worth the money!

window closeres

What's the code for them...

looks like a few of us could be interested now.

p.s. D'u have any pics for installation (which the autotech may have let you take)?

What's the code for them...

looks like a few of us could be interested now.

p.s. D'u have any pics for installation (which the autotech may have let you take)?

hi did not get any pics of fitting! but all the wires were in the drivers side he wired it into the central locking so the windows only close when its dead locked...this way i can leave my windows down with the alarm on as i have fitted dual zone sensors.

i will try and put the link to eBay again as the last one didnt work!

link

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a unit off eBay which came at the weekend for £14.99 + £4.99 P+P and £1 postal insurance. Was a bit sceptical at that price but got around to fitting it on Sunday and it works great.

Unlike Tom's, I wired it up so that when do a single press on the remote to lock the doors the windows begin to close one by one, but for safety if you press it again as if to un-lock the doors the windows halt immediately.

For the price it is a great unit and it only took about 2 hours to completely fit with minimal tools.

• 8 months later...

Bought a unit off ebay which came at the weekend for £14.99 + £4.99 P+P and £1 postal insurance. Was a bit sceptical at that price but got around to fitting it on Sunday and it works great.

Unlike Tom's, I wired it up so that when do a single press on the remote to lock the doors the windows begin to close one by one, but for safety if you press it again as if to un-lock the doors the windows halt immediately.

For the price it is a great unit and it only took about 2 hours to completely fit with minimal tools.

was it easy to fit?

do you have any diagrams, instructions or pictures you can post?

was it this model? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

thanks

Hi there, I found the unit reasonably easy to fit on the drive. Having said that I had had the door panel off prior to doing the work so I did know how it came off.

The unit on your link doesn't look exactly like the one I fitted but appear to do the same job going off the description.

You will need a soldering iron to make the connections as the wires are quite heavy gauge and soldered connections are the best here.

I will see if I can dig out any pics of the installation. The unit came with a wiring diagram which I was able to follow with prior car wiring knowledge. If you are doubtful see an auto electrician for a price?

Cheers

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links