Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Euro Road Trip, Incl Famous Nurburgring.

Cubic Incubi

Hi folks.

:D

A Euro driving, camping and partying trip is being organised and we are looking for atendees. :yes:

We will also be contacting various Toyota clubs in Europe to hold meetings in various locations along the journey. B)

Dates are Thursday 24th August 06 Dover to Calais. Return Saturday 2nd September 06.

The suggested Itinary is as follows.

Day 1 - Thursday - Calais to Fontenay Le Compt - BBQ, camp over at my parents farm house. Plenty of hospitality, thru rural france.

Day 2 & 3 - Friday - Fontenay Le Compt to Biarritz - Camp over, beach on Saturday, lark about and have a laugh.

Day 4 & 5 - Sunday - Biarritz - Barcelona - early doors pack up and drive accross Pyrenees/Andora to Barcelona - Camp over and have a great time. B)

Day 6 - tuesday - Barcelona - M ar seille - arrive in the french riveria and get wet in the Med.

Day 7 - wednesday - M ar seille - Bern - unmissable drive thru french/swiss Alps to switzerland.

Days 8 & 9 - Thursday - Bern to Bonn - night on the beer - day 9 Nurburgring for those who want to or chill in Bonn.

Day 10 - Bonn - Calais - back thru brussells.

Those who don't want to drive their own machine can book into attending vehicles.

I have started a thread in National Events (even though it's a continent trip) and just thought I'd post here aswell to get some exposure incase it's missed by someone who really wants to do this trip.

As far as number of places are concerned, we just need to make sure that all vehicles are roadworthy for the trip and that we have space to carry people and equipment if anyone breaks down. I may have 2 places in my L200 Animal.

We are suggesting that certain folks take responsibility for certain legs of the journey. for example, I'm organising the first run - Calais to Fontenay le Compt - providing a place to camp at my parents farm house (in the barn, in the field, in the garden, in the caravan, in the house - whatever takes yer fancy) and a big slap up BBQ on the first night to get us underway. Another lad is looking after the Biarritz to Barcelona run, but of course we need reccomendations, opinions and suggestions to make this cool for everyone.

Post in this thread here by all means but please ask questions or make commitments to attend in the thread in the meetings section http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53584

A car which does 30 mpg average on motorways is going to cost approxiamately £500-600 in travel costs - ferry, tolls, fuel. If two are travelling it's £300 each + spending money. The more the merrier.

things to consider - two legs of this journey are going to be a 7 hour drive. All the other legs are around 4-5 hours - so in effect, you looking at 7 legs in 10 days (not including getting to dover and return to home) this will be tiring but not overly so as long as you get good rest, eat well and drink enough fluids. It isnt exactly a Enduro run but it isnt for the faint hearted or weak willed.

this really is one NOT to miss for the big boys :D

OK cheers and hope to see you on the run.

Karl

:yes:

blimey, shame i've already been.... dont think i could do the nurburgring 3 times in one year :wacko:

Have a good trip :thumbsup:

three times? when are you going again??

Day 6 - tuesday - Barcelona - M ar seille - arrive in the french riveria and get wet in the Med.

Day 7 - wednesday - M ar seille - Bern - unmissable drive thru french/swiss Alps to switzerland.

Days 8 & 9 - Thursday - Bern to Bonn - night on the beer - day 9 Nurburgring for those who want to or chill in Bonn.

That's four fun days for starters! Hmm... I need to do some sums :thumbsup:

Paul.

So?... get yourself down to some meets... you'll soon get to know a few faces ;)

No meets around me planned for the near future though I don't think. I'd love to go to one though. Also I'm worried you guys in your super turbo drainpipe induction kitted cars will run away from me on the autobahn!

LOL I am sure there will be all sorts of cars going to this thing...

If I manage to get the money together etc.. and time off... Im only in a little 13 year old MR2 NA :P

Also Newbury.... you arent that far from the 'Reading Lot' and if you fancy a great day out.. there is Bruntingthorpe this Sunday £5 for spectators... you'll meet peeps from all over the UK there ;)

Also Newbury.... you arent that far from the 'Reading Lot'

Absolutely, keep your eyes peeled for the next Reading meet, come and find us and say hello! :thumbsup:

There's a Reading "lot"? :D, might consider this Bruntingthorpe thinger, sounds good.

Be good to see a new face alongside all the regulars! ;)

and yep... they are definately a 'Reading Lot' lol...

TOC:RG I believe ;)

No, we just act like it :P

nope definatly not an old far here :) Im part of the reading lot :D :thumbsup:

should come along and say hello

When do you "Reading lot" meet up then? :D. I'd be great to see a few faces before I commit to this crazy thing (which I am most likely gonna do, hell, when will the chance come up again). I'm 20 by the way.

i believe its third thursday of each month, its a reading jap meet near the madjeski statium, not chavvy at all though :) usually go there then off for a pint and some food afterwards :D

and dont worry Im 20 too ;) more details in our part of the site though, under the club meets bit.

oh and back to topic otherwise mods will get angry :) sounds a wicked idea this, I cant confirm as I think Im on holiday but I could well be up for that trip :D

This is something I'd like to do but I don't know any of you guys!

oooh be careful then.. they're all crazy!!

So the "Reading lot" thread is dead, am I gonna be alone if I go on the 11th May?! Borderline wether to say definate on this trip now, just need this weekend to do some sums and thinking.

three times? when are you going again??

Shhhhh ;) :lol: Remember our discussion *wink wink nudge nudge* september *cough* or october *cough* ;) :thumbsup:

three times??

and lee where u been dude

Work is insaine at the moment dude, i have 2.5 peoples worth of work to do single handly and my boss is being an unt about it. I've mentioned getting you in temp and he is being as much good as solar powered torch. Tried to call you earlier but i guess your working. Beer?

Are you all old farts?

:D.

Nope, mostly 20-25.....oh and one almost 29 :P :lol: ;)

There's a Reading "lot"? :D, might consider this Bruntingthorpe thinger, sounds good.

Theres loads of "lots" :lol:

Come to Bruntingthorpe! :thumbsup: We dont bite! :yes:

Theres loads of "lots" :lol:

Come to Bruntingthorpe! :thumbsup: We dont bite! :yes:

It's a fair old ways away isnt it, too late to buy tickets now?

Pay at the gate! ;) :thumbsup:

Eep, sorry for the off topic!

I can pay the £5 at the gate? Do I not need to do the register thing and all that?

I might pop in then! Am I allowed to look inside someones four? :D, I wanted one of those so badly before my last car. Then someone I ended up with my tsport O_o... Ah well!

Hi there yourlove was.

matey, shy bairns get nowt - so they say. No point standing at the back of the crowd, you have to push your way to the front for the best view.

Grab a mate to come with you for some moral support. We dont bite. You celica is a 190 yeah, so it aint slow is it.

We'll be making good progress on all routes, 80-90 mph max I would think for economy and safety + to stop ON the SPOT fines for speeding.

Once your on the autobahn you can bury your foot or stay with the slow coaches (thats me, my L200 does 110mph top whack).

We'll all have printed routes from michelin so it'll be impossible to get lost if your navigator is good.

get yer name down matey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links