Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That Press-stud String Thing For Anti-ears

enid_b

hi,

my apologies for the americanization of the title, but i have the following question.

when i got the car in feb the chord that supposedly tucks the ears in was tight when both press studs where fastened. recently this has become slack, and sags down onto my head when (rare) the roof is up. i have since detached it and put it in the centre console.

is it essential to have this strap thing on, am i doing any harm? and how can i make it tight again?

cheers

enid

Hi again Enid.

The dreaded ears problem strikes again :(

Firstly you will not be doing any damage by opening the hood with the strap loose, all it does is make it look untidy :yes:

It is quite fixable though.

Open your roof as far as it is in the picture, you will see on mine that the strap is in place.

Its best if you get someone to help you as it can be a finger trapper if you’re not careful.

It is likely that just one end of the strap has come off its popper so find the one that is still attached and pull it right out of the guide sleeve in the hood (the sleeve is about 25/30mm wide (like a tube going right across))

Get your self something long thin and flexible (not that :P ) that will slide down the tube and go right across the inside MAKE SURE THIS ISN’T SHARP OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR HOOD.

Make sure you have the strap the right way up and tape it to the end of the rod.

Push the rod through to the other side and get hold of the popper.

Lead it round the bar (as you see in the photo) and pop together.

Open the hood and click into place and your ears should tuck in nicely :thumbsup:

It might be that like mine your poppers are a bit weak, all I did was tack stitch them together, this is a bit fiddly I know but it does work.

Ears008.jpg

Hope this helps

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links