Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Celica To Get?

darkangel

Hi

I'm going to sell my MK1 MR2 this summer and I'm thinking of getting a Celica as I want a bit more room than my current car.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a 90-93 GT4 generation 5, or a Generation 6 standard engine, I was just wondering which would be better to get?

Is it worth getting the newer one, are there any benefits? or is the Turbo too good to miss out on? is the speed difference that great?

Also how is the car comparable to my MK1 MR2? Handeling, Acceleration etc?

Sorry if I sound ignorant I've only recently started looking into Celica's so I don't know much about them.

Thanks for your help!

Three Digits for you - G T 4

Gen 6 GT4 (205) without a doubt , may cost you a few more ££'s but you wont regret it

Firstly, Welcome to the Club! :thumbsup:

Nice choice of Celica, the gen 5 and gen 6 are very nice cars, the gen 5 GT4 is quicker than an n/a gen 6. But if your budget can stretch to it, i'd recommend a gen 6 GT4 :yes:

As for performance, the gen 5 GT4 is around 200bhp i think :unsure: whereas the gen 6 GT is 170bhp, with the gen 6 GT4 having 240bhp :D

Any of the above should give a good increase in performance over your MR2 :thumbsup:

ST205 without a doubt..... look how nice they r ;)

Front-Side.jpg

and this 1 will be thrashing around brunters this sunday :thumbsup:

Whats the 0-60 on a gen 5 GT4??????

Personally Id take a Gen6 GT over a Gen5 GT4 all day as there starting to look dated IMHO. It would not take that much to get some extra power out of the Gen6 to get it close to a standard Gen5 GT4.

mine does it in just under or around 6 seconds when running optimax with millers octane additive. pulls a 14 second 1/4 mile, loses puff after 60 mph though - gearing in faff is better for stretching the legs.

if you can afford it get a faff as they have more releasable power from the word go.

if your serious about it though get a Carlos Sainz limited edition ST185 or a JDM import RC special edition. (JDM have a few more horses) Definately the one to own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's a pic of a modded one;

jussin20auto20muok202.jpg

here's a pic of a standard one

celt18t4wdcs1992-1.jpg

I think they look alot better modded in Rally Guise than standard aswell mate and obviously go that bit better too!

How are you finding the L200????

Im not a 100% sure on the tear drop shaped cab, Much prefer the new Nissan Navaro (I think thats how its spelt!)

Defo a GT4 And if you can run to it a gen 6. Although in my opinion the gen 5 looks better. (Yes i am biassed :D )

In the real world there`s not a huge amount of performance difference if you get a CS/RC gen 5. It`s all down to preference and affordability. But either will give you incredible handling and a day long smile. :D :D

so Darkangel, to sum up...

Gen 6 GT4 :D :P

Lol :lol:

I'll look around and keep my fingers crossed for a cheap gen 6 GT4 though to be honest my budget is pushed at a gen 5, I'm only a poor student at the moment, my student loan is paying for car :D

Thanks for all the help, unless a gen6 GT4 comes along in my budget i'll definetly go for the gen5 GT4, I think it still looks pretty sharp, the child in me still loves flip up lights.

the child in me still loves flip up lights.

Ahhh. So thats the attraction........ :lol:

dont go getting a 205 for less than 4.5k as the is bound to be something wrong with it.

better off paying 5-6k getting a mint one.:)