Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finially Got Pics Of Ice

Griffyn

Well installed the current setup in sept 05 but only had rubbish pics on my old fone, now have some pics on new phone which look better so here goes:

27-04-06_1901.jpg

27-04-06_1904.jpg

27-04-06_1903.jpg

27-04-06_1905.jpg

27-04-06_1908.jpg

27-04-06_1906.jpg

27-04-06_1907.jpg

Power cap was on the sub box but funnily enough vibrated way too much so still needs to be attached somewhere properly.

But sounds so nice the sound quality is amazing! The 6x9s I wouldn't bother with again as is only for people in the back really and aren't anywhere near as nice as the components up front. The sub is insane on some tracks, others it is still good but not as mentally loud.

The phone is a V635....not bad for £45 incl P&P off fleabay!

Looks sweet!

I went down the new fascia surround route thingy too - how did you manage to get your old 12V socket out?

Or did you buy a new one? If so, where from?

Cheers!

LOL mate u need the tweeters for good sound quality which is why I have Alpine Type-R instead of JVC for example. Admitedly they could be placed better but since its a home install then cutting into the door card and inserting them there is abit scary really! Oh and with my old setup had tweeters in slightly different places which is why there is a hole next to the tweeter (step dads fault but doesnt matter) but had to show off the yaris tax disc holder :lol::lol:

Lets just say it cost a few £s :!Removed!: But got it all online from various outlets with some giving a discount and others not.....oh and got headunit with ipod adapter off eBay was the cheapest by far!

Yeah much better with the new fascia, just use a screwdrive to prise it out....but lets just say not the easiest of thing but when there is a will there is a way! Same as when I was told you can't do this:

27-04-06_2227.jpg

ie have blue light coming from the outer air vents. Not to everyones taste but thats why it has a switch so can be turned on and off.........but yet to have someone say they are rubbish when inside the car. Even my mum thinks they are okay and she hates most mods to cars!

I quite like blue neon's, wouldnt have them in my own car but I think they look alright :D

That sub is huge! Does your rear view mirror vibrate when you play bassy tracks?

I think LEDs in the air vents look great :)

install5.jpg

LOL yeah the sub is pretty big and well my mirrors are pretty rubbish to use when the volume is up! The reason I went for such nice stuff and the 12" sub is because I will transfer it to my next car most likely! I am thinking of a facelift CTR next year since for a couple of years I will live at home after uni and comute to work.....not gona be fun living at home again but if I own a CTR then :D :lol: :D Plus my parents aren't to bad luckily!

Hexa-dB like the blue dash but Im not spending anymore on the car than is necessary now (ie servicing, etc) due to the fact it is only a 1.0L and mine looks nice now so will leave it alone and wait till the next car. Although not quite sure what is going on around the cigarette lighter?

• 2 months later...

Hi, just got a quick question about the ipod control.

can the HU access the ipod track/playlist info quickly?

I am working with 8 iPorts (about £800 each) but they are not very fast, or it could just be the the ipod comms which is slowing it down

Been thinking of the 2006 Alpine Type R sub for a while after having 2 of the older models in the Yaris. Whats the sub like? Notheard them in action recently but i loved the one that I had.

Top choice on the brand of kit tho, they do make some nifty systems!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links