Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iso Wiring Colours

AnD85

Hi! :help:

Does anyone have any details as to the ISO radio wiring colours in the Aygo, on the rear of the head-unit ?

(I'm looking for the 'remote turn-on' for my amp)

Cheers,

Andy :thumbsup:

On UK cars it's normally blue (often used for elerctric arial activation) and if I remember correctly it can also be blue with a stripe (can remember which colour stripe though. Brown is normally Earth but this can also be Black. Best use a multi meter and check from there as then you know what is live and when by checking when the CD/Radio is switched on and off. :thumbsup:

Lastly just remember to use suitable fusing for any electrical work and it's always better to use cable a little to big rather than a little to small. Not trying to treat you like a child but I seen too many problems through the wrong cable and fusing and wouldn't want you little Aygo to go up in flames now :eek:

HTH

Kev

brown...

on aftermarket headunits its either blue or yellow ! but if tommy said its brown im sure he toiok the original h/unit out and checked it and know what he is saying!

Hi > got another question bout the ISO's at the back... :help:

I'm looking for more info on the black connector at the back [so I don't do anything wrong before I power everything up]. Does anyone know the function of the Grey wire (no.4), Green (no.6), Light Blue (no.7), Brown (No.8 , being "remote on") ... and the rest which have no wires in them yet? (no's 1 2 3 + 5).

Stuck an image in of the standard wiring in the back of the head unit >>

dsc003150rq.jpg

Cheers, AnD

I used the "ignition on" cable bu don't remember the colour off hand but remember looking at the parrot phone kit website at their installation guide as it had the colour codes and what they do although its easy enough with a multimeter if you have access to one.

Actually I remember something about pin 7 and 4 i think. However I just poked it in the two different holes and turned on to make sure I wouldn't flatten the Battery by getting the wrong colour.

All it needs is 12v.

Hi >

Sorry i don't have a multimeter and I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to the ISO connectors on the back here, because they'r different colours to the standard wiring on other cars. I know what the "speaker outs" are so thats a start :huh: lol

>>> Does any1 know which one is the earth wire on the back? (...Got a line output converter and I just need to hook it up to the earth for everything to work fine).

c1radio8is.th.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

Hi >

Sorry i don't have a multimeter and I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to the ISO connectors on the back here, because they'r different colours to the standard wiring on other cars. I know what the "speaker outs" are so thats a start :huh: lol

>>> Does any1 know which one is the earth wire on the back? (...Got a line output converter and I just need to hook it up to the earth for everything to work fine).

c1radio8is.th.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

Wire what to the earth. Shouldn't need to do that for anything. The speaker wires goto the speaker wires which are pretty obvious. The rear ones should be red and white (red being right). The speaker wire colours should be on the converter it self for that.

The amp should be grounded to the chassis quite nearby the amp. Usually people use the boot lid bolt for attaching the ground. The remote and rca cables are the only wires that goes from the headunit to the amp.

Hi > This is what it says ..

The converter has 5 wires

Input -

White (+) Left Channel

White/Black (-) Left Channel

Grey (+) Right Channel

Grey/Black (-) Right Channel

Black > Earth

"Output RCA lead

Common Earth Radios - Connect the striped white and grey leads (left 'negative' and right 'channel input') to the black ground wire. Then connect all three to the chassis earth of the radio or deck."

Does this mean that i need to cross the earth wire with the 'left -ve' and 'right +ve' then on to the chassis/earth on the back of the headunit?

Cheers,

Andy

forget the earth, you don't need to use it. and if you really feel the need to connect it somewhere the metal casing on the radio will do as it is grounded.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links