Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Celica

Spuffington

Well, I'm a happy chappie today. After 15 months of Celica ownership and almost 15 trips to the dealership in that time, I've finally decided to get rid of her. Despite having had loads of fun with her, it's been one thing after the next, so her time is up.

I've just put down a deposit on a lurvely, gorgeous Honda S2000!!! :D

She's on an 04 plate, just less than two years old, done 6k miles - one owner from new. In a lovely silver/grey with red leather seats, carpets and dash with not a one stone-chip or ding on the bodywork. Best of all..............237bhp through the rear wheels and the most beautiful sounding 2.0 VTEC engine snarling away up front!! I have to say, 30mins testdrive and I defy most people not to be seduced!! :thumbsup:

So, should be picking her up in the next week or so. Unfortunately, the previous owner had a personal plate, so the dealer is just waiting for the V5 to be sent back. Once that's back.........she's mine!! Can't wait!!

I'll post some pics as soon as I can! :D

Nice one, I doubt you'll be disappointed! :D :thumbsup:

Did Bibbs' car sway you at all? :drool:

nice 1 - enjoy

Yeah - thanks guys. Can't wait to have her on the drive!!

Did Bibbs' car sway you at all? :drool:

Aye - Bibbs did give me a bit of background and a push in that direction! :yes: B)

dont blame you, if i was buying a newish car with lots of money it would not be toyota and prob honda. much better engines these days

Ah, !Removed! Celicas...........Nah only kidding. Mine has been spot on since I have had it but yours has given you grief. Shame but hope the Honda runs sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :thumbsup:

Nice one Spuff. It`s a shame it`s not a Toyota, but given tyhe current Toyota line up and your somewhat iffy experiences with the celi, I for one don`t blame you. Good luck with the Honda. :thumbsup:

Cheers all.

I have to say, I will miss the TS as when she's been up and running properly she's been great and really good fun to drive. Unfortunately I probably ended up with a Friday car and also truly believe my local Mr T are a bunch of cowboys. Once I'd signed on the dotted line they botched a load of things and weren't interested once it had left the forecourt. Left me with such a bad taste I just can't justify giving Toyota another go for quite a while - which is a shame coz most of you haven't got a bad word to say about them.

As for the line-up, what with the MR2 Roadster and Celica gone, there's nothing out there anymore. I was gutted when the Celica GT turned out to be a pimped up T-Sport as if they'd have gone down the GT4-type route I might've been tempted.

Heyho - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Honda's legendary reliability and from what I understand will also be watching the S2k's rear-end too!! ;)