Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

24hours A Day Yeah Right

BLiTZ

I sit here typing at a friends laptop after a wasted trip, being students with damn all else to do we decided that we should go to TESCO just for a laugh and buy some crisps (we're hungry students aswell) so we get in the yaris and drive out of town to the bigass TESCO only to find that york's 24 hour TESCO is only open till 10pm on a saturday isnt this breaking some kind of trade rules, if not it should :censor:

so now we're having to rifle through my mates cupboards in search of something we can eat at 1:45 on a sunday morning :crybaby:

Been there done that...:) I would think its most likely to do with Sunday Trading Laws. They can only trade for 6 hours on a Sunday, so they close on Saturday before midnight........why 10pm I have no idea.icon2.gif

Might be something to do with staff having to have at least 11 hours between shifts so they leave at 10pm Saturday to return to open up 10am Sunday. Plus Supermarkets can only open 6 hours Sunday. That will change one day no doubt!!!

And I thought Students only ate Pot Noodles, Pepperamis and coal................... :lol:

Its always been like that, well for Tescos round here it has!!

Bit of a bugger when you're out on Sat night and fancy some cheesy poofs though.... :lol::lol:

Probably is the 11 hour rule - became law October last year I think but Tesco would have planned ahead for it.

A lot of them shut for a few hours on a Friday and Saturday night now because of the amount of trouble they were getting from drunks coming in after the clubs.

I would think its most likely to do with Sunday Trading Laws. They can only trade for 6 hours on a Sunday, so they close on Saturday before midnight........

Bingo :thumbsup:

Actually we were after kettle chips, french bread and car magazines :P

Posh students, eh? Kettle Chips and French Bread - get you lot! :lol: Never did the Uni thing but mates I visited were in to Tesco Value 'bread' and 'crisps' (if you can call them that!)

Sunday trading laws.

S'Funny, that a religion I don't believe in/ follow, dictates that I can't shop outside of 10-4 on a Sunday.

I know some people don't want to work more hours on a Sunday, but I know some that gladly would.

yeah been caught out by this a few times with my local asda ( fellow student here:) )

and yeah I know Id work all hrs possible on a sunday being double pay and all :yes: ;)

And I thought Students only ate Pot Noodles, Pepperamis and coal................... :lol:

maybe a little tip for some that Ive been taking advantage of for a while now....

from way back Ive been a really fussy eater so much it causes problems for me. When I was a student I discovered the 'reduced to clear' shelves and tesco finest range and to this day I hawk them.

At the tesco I use(a large one) at between 6pm and 7.30pm they start to load the RTC shelves with all manner of goodies. At the early times theyre still ridiculously expensive eg. 1xpizza £4! If you see something you really want.... check the date and if its on its sell by date pick it up and slap it in the trolley in a place where you can get it back out later. Now.... the sometimes dificult bit... kill time doing the rest of the shop... but... if its getting late(close to 7.30 - 8) start to checkback at the RTC shelf and keep your eyes peeled for an employee putting stickers on the goodies that are left make a B-line for them. Choose your moment carefully for the next bit as this employee is likely feeling strung out from the people thyeve been swamped by who are trying to get bargains.... you need to get the employees attention and really politely and nicely ask them if they can reduce your goodies further! .... Iv'e found that by this time the employee will dramatically reduce the cost of the goodies!

Only 3 days ago the goodies i get this way ....

2x Large finest pizzas - Original price £4, cost paid-78p each

1x finest smaller pizza - £3, cost paid- 50p

1x bag of branded posh Macaroni fresh pasta - £3, cost paid- 42p

1x Packet of vegetable rolls - £2, cost paid- 28p

4x pork and sage bacon wraps from hot deli at moment of final reduction- 15p each, think these were about 55p each

I now regularly zip around at that time looking for ultra bargains to snack on and theyre just as good in quality as they were at full price... 2 hours makes little diference to the quality of something at all but when I ate those pizzas I seriously enjoyed them way more than if id paid £4 and £3 respectively....

Happy Hunting Bargain shoppers! Students could live this way and eat very well!

hehe jinxed your one of those shoppers that I cant tell whether I like or dislike in my store lol ;) all good though as Im the same when Im out getting my food for the week lol

Actually we were after kettle chips, french bread and car magazines :P

A kettle chip sandwich eh??? :lol:

another TIP - look out for DAMAGED tins of food - they will discount those too................

A kettle chip sandwich eh??? :lol:

Oooh didnt think of that mmmmmmmm

well in the end we went to the co-op up my mates street this lunchtime and bought most of the stuff we wanted last night plus some dairylea :D

hehe jinxed your one of those shoppers that I cant tell whether I like or dislike in my store lol ;)

:lol: yup i dont give tesco an easy ride with my debit card much of the time

but i do help the frail, infirm and unfortunate to get goodies too :yes: tis quite funny to reach past the people in front usin mi long arms to snipe good stuff away for those that cant get in. cant stand the ones that are right in there upclose molesting the employee cos they want to snatch stuff right out of their hand as they mark down.... those people are the worst.

That what 24 hour petrol stations are for.

Pringles and coca cola at midnight ;)

Posh students, eh? Kettle Chips and French Bread - get you lot! :lol: Never did the Uni thing but mates I visited were in to Tesco Value 'bread' and 'crisps' (if you can call them that!)

Haha me and Yves love french bread & kettle chips - especially the sea salt and balsamic vinegar kettle chips..but we're not students, so are we posh too? :lol:

We've got a 24 Hour Tesco which does the same, but I'm used to it now so make sure stocks of kettle chips are in place before 10pm on a Saturday evening :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links