Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18" Alloys On A Corolla Gti

Maxed Corolla GTI

I currently have 16" OZ Super Turismo alloys on my car. I have just recently put a bodykit on the car which requires bigger allows. I want to go all out and try and get 18's on there. I know my arches wil have to be rolled. But even by doing that im still not sure if I will be able to do this.

Has anyone got any advice on this matter? It would be much appreciated. Thanks

i dubt they will go on. i have 17's on mine and the tyres only just clear the spring platform on the rear shocks so dont think 18's will go on unless you leave the tyres off

• 3 months later...

I actually got a custom body kit made up.........believe me i have spent a lot of money. I will be putting a couple pics up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya

recently had 17"s fitted to my gti .......... manufactures wouldn't sell me anything larger than 17's cos of spring platform........... also wouldn't fit higher profile tyres than the 205/40/17 cos would rub on the spring platform. Only option to go larger would be changed suspension.

:eek:

;) I have 18" split rims on my flip painted Corolla GTi, with 35 series rubber, this is going to sound ttupid but the bottom of the shocks have been hammered in for the shocks to clear, the rear arches have been grinded off, cleareance is not a problem. Hope this helps

Hi Fal

Have u got any pics of your car posted somewhere? Would love to see a Gti on 18's. What is the handling like?

Cheers

Ant :D

Hi Ant,

I haven't got any pics of the flipped corolla with the 18's on, but I have a pic of the 18's on my old white corolla gti, I'll see if i can scan them and send them.